difficulty in selection of softwares for development

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
hi
i have project of developing accounting/inventory/payroll system for small company.
I have the choice of selecting softwares. Presently they r using windows xp,(few pirated ones). Users r ready to switch to free linux version.

I am thinking of going for MYSQL and PHP, but my problem is, will users be comfortable with browser based softwares, since all systems are in local network, going for desktop version will not be a better choice?

Is there any software for developing desktop version in linux using mysql. I have heard of python, is it same as VB or delphi.

looking at above problems, i think , it will be better to go for MS Sql Server (free express edtion) and ASP/ Delph/VB for developing both versions - browser based as well as desktop version.

Please suggest best solution .

thankssss

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
You can use GTK+/Qt and MySQL for developing desktop applocations. Both are Free Softwares, Portable and Platform independant.

You may wanna give a try in Mono/dotgnu also.

demoninside

In the zone
desertwind said:
You can use GTK+/Qt and MySQL for developing desktop applocations. Both are Free Softwares, Portable and Platform independant.

You may wanna give a try in Mono/dotgnu also.

for free i think this is the best solution u have,

otherwise u can also go for JSP/MySQL or JSP/Oracle

and u can use IBM WSAD for that,

it's the best java IDE i have seen.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom