Difference between 5200 and 5700 Graphic card

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesh_2218

Journeyman
Hello Digit Forum members,

I would Like to know what are the difference between Ge Force Fx 5200 and 5700 cards for playing games. I had an 5700 le card and played games for upto 3 months and all of sudden it had minor burn and stopped working and just threw it to my factory 3 ton boiler and saw the ashes within 3 minutes , bcos i cant claim warranty for an burnt card and also i tried for claiming warranty from the dealer and he replied warranty Void for Physical damage and im disappointed by it and Is an 5700Le card an failure model...

Give your replies.

GANESH

choudang

Padawan
Find out from the following

GeForce 5200 FX
Code:
Graphics Core	          
256-bit	
Memory Interface	
128-bit	
Fill Rate	
1 Billion	
Vertices Per Second	
63 Million	
Pixels per Clock (peak)	
Textures per Pixel	
RAMDACs	
350 MHz
Chipset 	
GeForce FX 5200	
Memory 	
128 MB	
Bus Type 	
AGP 8X	
Memory Type 	
DDR	
Memory Bus 	
64-bit	
Output 	
DVI	
Highlighted Features	
TV Out

GeForce 5700 FX
Code:
Graphics Core	
256-bit	
Memory Interface	
128-bit	
Pixels per Clock (peak)	
Textures per Pixel	
RAMDACs	
400 MHz
Chipset 	
GeForce FX 5700	
Memory 	
128/256 MB	
Bus Type 	
AGP 8X	
Memory Type 	
DDR	
Memory Bus 	
128-bit	
Output 	
Dual VGA	
Highlighted Features	
TV Out

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
In practical terms, the FX5700 will perform almost twice as better as the FX5200..

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Here's the main differences between FX 5200 and 5700:

1)Clock speeds:

Here the FX 5200 is clocked at a very low speed, so it is very limited in its speed.

2)Pixel Shaders

The 5700 is powered by CineFX 2.0, while 5200 only has CineFX 1.0 - The 5700 has a fundamentally stronger shader architecture and hence it is at least twice as fast as the 5200 in this area. CineFX 2.0 also allows for increased flexibility for the developers.

3)Advanced Compression Technology

The FX 5700 has Intellisample HCT which is more efficient at usage of available memory, and will allow you to enable more effects for better gaming.

4)UltraShadow

The GeForce FX 5700 sports UltraShadow as part of CineFX 2.0, which is a shadow volume acceleration technique. It increases performance in OpenGL games with unique shadow effects such as Doom 3.

5)Memory Capacity

The FX 5700 can hold up to 256MB of memory, which will increase performance in texture-heavy games and applications.

6)Vertex throughput

The Vertex throughput on the FX 5700 is much greater than that of the 5200. Vertex Shaders will also run faster and geometry-heavy games will work faster with more detail.

In general, the GeForce FX 5700 offers increased reliability, performance and compatibility with all games, graphics and video applications today.

~I know I sound like NVIDIA Public Relations. Maybe they'll hire me for their marketing team~ :D

Oh, by the way, GeForce FX 5700LE is the lowest model of the 5700 series. Its clock speeds are quite low, due to which it is unable to reach good performance at good detail levels in most games today. I do recommend you search for a FX 5700 non-LE or 5700 Ultra.

G

gxsaurav

U should go for Geforce 6200 atleast if u r on a tight budget, the days of FX5700 are already over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom