Die, NewsBytes, Die

Do you want NewsBytes here in this forum ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Petition to Think Digit Forum Management Staff:

Please get rid of NewsBytes.

This is a public intrest petition which I request all the concerned forum members to sign(vote). Place your views on NewsBytes here and discuss about its future.

Dear Team Digit,

One of the recent changes in the digit forum has been NewsBytes, digit's official news spammer bot cum moderator. Most people here agree that its horrible.

• The news it posts is often either old, or not at all significant. Sometimes its the same news that comes in a few days older newspaper. Sometimes its about the announcement of a technology thats happened long back, and sometimes it says things that are hardly relavent to the readers.
  • It exaggerates many things, and makes it look like every company it talks about is god. Over hyping is often seen in its posts. Such things will do in mainstream newspapers but not in a technology forum like this.
  • The bot links the rest of the news to the digit website news section, but it too is insufficient in details. Whats the value of news when at maximum, a vague idea of what its about is the only thing thats given out ?
  • Its posts hardly give out any details, and everything is just too vague. One can never leave one of its threads as an enlightened person, because the threads contain absolutely nothing to make you a few measures wiser.
  • It also often posts things people have already posted. There is no measure to ensure that the bot can check for already existing threads having the same content. And in such conditions, one can strongly see the contrast between the quality of one of our member's post and its post.
  • The technology news section is looking like a cow shead now; every thing is a big mess. Just too many threads. Lots of them made every day, and most of them hardly discussed and talked about. Most of newsbytes' threads just contain insults against the bot.

We forum members managed the news section so perfectly before. Why did you have to bring an ugly bot into it ? Please consider removing this bot from this forum. Its just too out of place in a forum like this.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
One serious advice, when it comes to something regarding ThinkDigit administration- Don't.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
i'm surprised how blissfully ignorant TDF admins can be about the users' reaction to the changes...$crew u all!
(mods, i;m waiting for the PM)

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
You think this would make a difference :lol:

And why would it not?

One serious advice, when it comes to something regarding ThinkDigit administration- Don't.

Is there some issues you have that are unresolved iMav

The admins are on a mountain, and we are at the base. Even if you shout, you cant reach them.

Utter rubbish.

i'm surprised how blissfully ignorant TDF admins can be about the users' reaction to the changes...$crew u all!
(mods, i;m waiting for the PM)

You won't get a PM but you should realise that we have a thread for this sort of thing, it's called the FEEDBACK thread...

Nah, they snipe us from the top with Ban Guns.

You get banned if you do something stupid, or not at all... so don't insinuate...

As for newsbytes, let's see, maybe we can put all his news into a separate newsbytes forum, will that be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom