Did you realise this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I use firefox for browsing net.I use limited MB plan so I unmarked the option 'load images automatically' thinking that images won't be downloaded now.But it was not so,I saved a webpage when I was online and when I opened the page again it had all the images.So I guess firefox download all the images but just do not load them.I was shocked and was laughing at myself.

Is there any way this can be done??I need it because I go well over my 500MB quota every month.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Use Adblock with the *.jpg, *.png, *.gif, *.bmp filters?

Or another better solution is:
*addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1672

It apes Opera's image block feature.

OP
The_Devil_Himself

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I do use adblock but I only filters ads.

The other 'better option' is not that good too.It changed the full face of the page.

Any other suggestion?

slugger

Banned
did u re-open d saved page when u were online or offline??

if u re-openend it when u were online then it must have requested d transfer of d missing images

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
The_Devil_Himself said:
I use firefox for browsing net.I use limited MB plan so I unmarked the option 'load images automatically' thinking that images won't be downloaded now.But it was not so,I saved a webpage when I was online and when I opened the page again it had all the images.So I guess firefox download all the images but just do not load them.I was shocked and was laughing at myself.

Is there any way this can be done??I need it because I go well over my 500MB quota every month.

actuall this happened to me also i have 400 MBs MTNL limited plan so i have

disabled all the images i have also installed Download meter to keep a track

of Mbs or KBs loading from a site :D

what happens in Firefox is that when u disable the pictures they will not load

but when u save the page all the images will also be saved .

this does not happen in Opera nd I.E also Opera take less Kbs in opening a

web page so use Opera or I.e :)

OP
The_Devil_Himself

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
No I think I was wrong.Firefox don't download any images when you are surfing but when you save a page the images are downloaded.That is why there is a time lag between you saving the pages and the actual appearance of webpage(you will see blinking light on router indicating downloads).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom