DID YOU KNOW? Windows VISTA Facts & Goof-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Guys!

As u all know Vista is out and I'm using it since many months. :D
So in this period I hv found lots of interesting things, a few of them can be called goof-ups. I. hv posted about such interesting facts here:

*www.askvg.com/interesting-facts-bugs-and-goof-ups-in-windows-vista/

Last edited:

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Thanks Vishal,

Something on point no 9. If u move your mouse over some other tab and then back to the maximised tab, then it shows the thumbnail.

Special thanks for point no 6. It works even in explorer. MS implemented the trick in windows from office it seems

Point 14 doesn't seem a bugbut avoids the annoying prompt.

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
14 aint a bug, but a nice feature. If i have hidden some files, i do not want others who use my computer to be notified of the hidden files.

There are thousands of such small snippets all over vista!!

* In the Power options, click on Plan Settings of any plan, and then click on Choose Advance Power settings, you will be shown a window to display the power settings for most of the hardware right from the hard disk to PCI express card to USB.

There are so many!!!

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
For me Its a BUG why? coz suppose u hv a few hidden files in a folder and after a few days/months, u forgot about them. For most of the ppl including me, they always use <CTRL>+A to know about files in a folder. And when u'll do it, it'll not tell u that there are a few hidden files and u'll delete the folder by mistake thinking that its an empty folder. :D

It was a nice feature, it should notify the user about hidden files. They could remove the annoying message but at least status bar should display about hidden files.

It would be better if they gave an option to enable/disable it in Folder Options. ;)

T

thunderbird.117

harinderbhasin said:
plzz tell me how to use dreamscence i windows vista.:p

You can download from the windows update if you have original and if you have pirated you will have to find other way.

Good luckz.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ Forgot to mention it works only in Vista Ultimate. Also forgot to mention that its a waste of precious CPU cycles leading to a rising CPU temperatures and ultimately, a noisy fan....

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
The aurora bootscreen which you get through the NO GUI Boot option is not for techies, i had tried it long time back, but switched it off at the first instance.

It does not show any notifications for CHKDSK or Boot Defragmentations, as is its name, it gives no GUI while booting.

And one more point for Dreamscenes, you need Aero enabled to use Dreamscene.

T

thunderbird.117

goobimama said:
^^ Forgot to mention it works only in Vista Ultimate. Also forgot to mention that its a waste of precious CPU cycles leading to a rising CPU temperatures and ultimately, a noisy fan....

Talking about dreamscene?.

T

thunderbird.117

alsiladka said:
Yes, as dreamscene is an Ultimate Extra, it is available only on Vista Ultimate.

Yea. I love to act dumb sometimes :D.

sam_1710

Youngling
hello guys...
i found another goof-up in VISTA!!

Check this screenshot : *img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=defaultch6.jpg

and check this out : *img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dreamsceneke9.jpg

the 1st pic is without 'Dreamscene' ... Windows Magnifier works like a charm!!
and da 2nd one... wid 'Dreamscene' runnin GTA - IV trailer! ... da Magnifier shows only a black screen instead of the desktop!!! :p

Possible

Custom User Title
Dreamscene isn't final yet now, is it. Its buggy to say the least and god, they got some answers for that at the blog.

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Hi guys
Today I found another BUG in Vista.

*www.askvg.com/statusbar-bug-in-windows-vista-explorer/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom