DID YOU KNOW? Windows Live Mail BUGs & Goof-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
UPDATE: Don't forget to visit following similar threads:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59450DID YOU KNOW? IE7 BUGS & Goof-ups
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54885DID YOU KNOW? Windows VISTA Facts & Goof-ups
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59638NOTEPAD BUG: Found by Vishal Gupta a.k.a. Mr. Vista

Hi guys

I'm using Windows Live Mail (Previously known as Windows Live Mail Desktop) since many months and I'm very much impressed with it.
But when I installed the latest Windows Live Mail Beta version, I found a few BUGs in this version which I would like to share with you all: :D

FIRST BUG:
========

This BUG works in laptops. ;)

1. Open WLM and right-click on its system tray icon and select "Hide window when Inbox is minimized" option.
2. Now minimize WLM and it'll move to System Tray and there'll be no button of WLM in taskbar.
3. Now close the lid and again open it.
4. VOILLA, you'll get WLM in taskbar again even you minimized it to System tray.

SECOND BUG:
==========

Since we all know new WLM Beta interface has been improved to support Vista Aero theme and that's why there is Vista like toolbar at top and Menubar is hidden by default. But I found one strange thing:

1. Right-click on WLM titlebar and the Menubar is automatically shown?

Why Menubar is shown while clicking on titlebar? Is there any specific reason behind it?
I have checked in Vista Explorer as well as in Internet Explorer 7. In both no Menubar is shown when we click on titlebar. Then why this strange thing happens in WLM?

THIRD BUG:
========

1. Compose any mail and click on "Send" button.
2. Now look at "Outbox" folder. It'll not shown any mail count even the mail is under processing and has not been sent yet.

IMO, it should show like "Outbox(1)" or "Outbox(2)" depending upon the no. of composed mails. It worked fine in previous versions but in latest version it doesn't show any increment.
But when we double-click on it, it shows the count. STRANGE!!!

I hope you all would enjoy all these BUGs as usual. :D

Last edited:
OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
OK. Time for some more bugs. ;)

I have found 3 bugs in new Windows Live Mail 2008:

1. Goto "Layout -> Folder Pane" and enable/disable "Use Compact View for Folder Pane" option and then click on "Apply" button but don't close it. It'll totally disturb the left side pane.

2. Again goto "Layout -> Active Search" and enable/disable "Show Active Search pane" option and click on "Apply" button but don't close the options window. It'll not show the Active Search at right side until you close the options window. As soon as you click on OK or on Close button, you'll get Active Search at right side pane.

3. If you click on "Change Color Scheme" button at toolbar, WLM titlebar changes to inactive state.

I have submitted them:

*www.merawindows.com/Forums/tabid/324/mid/583/threadid/14334/scope/posts/Default.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom