Did anyone try the new PCQLinux2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hafees

In the zone
Hi!

Did anyone try the new PCQLinux2006? It is based on FC4. But when i went through their forum most of the people posted complaints.

If someone have tried it pls post a review.

praka123

left this forum longback
First of all why do they(PCQ) do this building exercise just by editing some anaconda installer scripts..yet a hell lot of install errors..they released two pilot PCQ2k6 before releasing it this month then also lot of complaints . I feel FC4 is much better than theirs.better they should have downloaded and given Debian Sarge or Etch or even FC5 :) .or start a porject which will allow contributions to main distros like debian or Fedora

gauravnawani

Journeyman
I to agree they should be porting it once and for all not ripping it up every time a new FC comes out. That said they did had initially few better offering in software than default FC which included multimedia stuff back in pcq2005.

But this relese is full of buggy installation, dependencie errors are common.

Wit till some one releases fc5 in DVD ubuntu being far away to be released.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I dont understand this. If you guys want to discuss about software created by other magazine then discuss it in that forum. Why do you want to discuss it here?? Rules say no discussion about rival magazines :roll:

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I tried it out...Quite buggy.. Even the rescue mode doesn`t work.I was not able to chroot.. But EDE is damn cool.....

mediator

Technomancer
PCQLINUX2005 is installed on all my college pc's, and the look is perfectly the same as Fedora at ma home!
So i'll say fo for Fedora instead...because of better support. It came free with digit!

OP
hafees

hafees

In the zone
charangk said:
I dont understand this. If you guys want to discuss about software created by other magazine then discuss it in that forum. Why do you want to discuss it here?? Rules say no discussion about rival magazines :roll:
We are not discussing about other magazines. We are discussing about a Linux distro. And it is not against the rule.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
PCQ2005 was good...Its was Fedora with the extra apps one needed ...... Its saves downloading..

I liked even PCQ2004 but PCQ2006 is quite bad and nothing to hype and expectations I had.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
PCQlinux2006... a nice thing 2 try out... jus hoping dat thay mit evn giv us vista beta. (they gave us winxp64 bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom