Dial Up connection goes dead within a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Tata Indicom wireless phone and recently my internet connection has started going dead within a minute. I have those two computer monitors at the bottom right but no traffic passes.

What happened was that my registry got corrupted and registry checker replaced my registry with a half a yr old one. so i reformatted my comp and them this problem came up

I use windows 98 and I.E 6.
Any ideas?
Thnx
Karan
P.S. I posted this from a cybercafe so i wont be able to reply to your posts immediately.

hafees

In the zone
can u access any webpage? if no web page is accessible then there may be some problem with the protocol. (Make sure that u use the correct phone model & installation is correct)
check TCP/IP is installed and Type of dialup server is selected as PPP: Windows 95/98 is selected. not SLIP for UNIX. (Right click on dialup connection and then click properties)

A

anurag_online

Try

Reinstall the modem driver. i am sure the problem will be solved.... my frnd faced similar prob with reliance wireless phone..

iinfi

mekalodu
if you are using LSP-340E phone u r bound to have frequent problems with your net ....
if there is no continusous data transfer then the line will go dead after some time .. after giving a few beeps ....
to solve this problem keep downloading something in the background ......... or stream some music online (go for something which eats up less bandwidth )

ashisharya said:
Why dont u go for BroadBand? It will give u no disconnection, high speed and always-on connection.

this is like saying ... "if you have a leakage in your house .... buy a new one .... lol "

A

anurag_online

iinfi said:
ashisharya said:
Why dont u go for BroadBand? It will give u no disconnection, high speed and always-on connection.

this is like saying ... "if you have a leakage in your house .... buy a new one .... lol "
I completly agree with you iinfi CDMA conenction rocks and we dont have to pay heavily for per MB either.... I am using reliance 1500 plan... it is rocking on its best...

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
If you've fiddled with your registry settings, then the chances are that a serious corruption/conflict with the new copy is causing all your problems. Follow the instructions on this page to fix WinSock on your computer and then try reconnecting.
*support.wadsnet.com/winsock/winsock98.asp

If that doesn't work, be prepared to back up all your data and do a clean reinstall of Windows 98.

iinfi

mekalodu
¦[ F| ¦¯< F| |\| did u follow what i had told u ???
i also had the same problem and got it solved by the way i have explained ....
first of all it sud b a LSP 340 E connection ..... for it to work the way i said

enonmai ... i respect ur brains ... but i dont think thats a registry problem ....

first infii, the connection goes dead while i am accesing something like loading a webpage etc. maybe i can keep ragna on in the bakgrnd it might help
yes my homepage and other sites do get loaded
since i reformatted my comp so i had to reinstall my modem driver and everything else
I think its just a problem with Tata indicom coz their service just isnt that gr8
thnx for the advice
karan

iinfi

mekalodu
i have friends virtually in every part of mumbai ....
all say tata indicom connection rocks ....

i believe urs is a LSP-340 E phone ...

the problem was that dns had to be disabled.
as for the service iinfi i do not like a connection which disconnects the moment u stop using it.
Their customer helpline is also a pain try using it.
nway
thnx for the adv
karan

iinfi

mekalodu
the phone itself is made that way .... i dont think the cust service can help u ...

try searching LG website and write to LG company and ask them abt it .... they mite b able to help you .....

iinfi

mekalodu
*www.rimweb.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/f28.html

goto this site ... its a reliance forum ... many have similar probs and have posted their opinions .... same will apply yo ur tata fone ... try it

good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom