Devil May Cry 4 "fatal Error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Hello,

There is a problem in running DMC4 DEMO, when my friend launches the game the following error pops out

---------------------------
Fatal error.
D3DERR_INVALIDCALL : mpD3D->CreateDevice(mD3DAdapter, mD3DDeviceType,IMain->mhWnd, D3DCREATE_HARDWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING | D3DCREATE_MULTITHREADED | (getCaps().puredevice? D3DCREATE_PUREDEVICE : 0), &d3dpp, &mpD3DDevice)
OK

His specifications are as follows

INTEL Pentium D 2.80ghz
1 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 7300SE

He is having DriectX 9.0c august 08 edition
nvida 175.19 version drivers

What's the solution?

thanx in advance.

Last edited:
OP
vamsi_krishna

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Dude, he has played the game before in different OS(vista home basic). Now he has formattes system. Now he is palying in Differnet OS(xp).

He is using the latest drivers available. But there is a solution in the internet that to run the game in 640*480 settings. But it didn't worked.

frederick_benny_digit

]-[ E l l F R 4 G G 3 R
using 3d analyzer worked....apparently the error was caused due to my desktop resolution being 1400x900..... just started it with 3d analyzer in windowed mode...n switched resolution in game...worked fyn

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
If you can then post its Config file located in User's Documents and settings. It might help us see what type of config the game is trying to run in. *s269.photobucket.com/albums/jj44/visio159/Unismilies/40.png

yung sparta

Right off the assembly line
ive just downloaded 3d analyzer im trying to run devil may cry 4

my computer has
VIDEO SPECS .-ATI RADEON XPRESS SERIES 300M
128 MB

HARDWARE:-
PENTIUM M
1.86 GHZ
RAM -896 MB

CAN TELL ME PLEASE TELL ME WAT TO DO TO MAKE IT WORK
WHEN I RUN IT IN THE 3D ANALYZER UNDER DX10 IS SAYS DX 10 FAILED TO INITIALIZE

UNDER DX 9 IT STILL SAYS UNSUPPORTED PIXEL SHADER 2.0
PLS HELP
THNKS IN ADVANCE

voljin1987

Broken In
using 3d analyzer worked....apparently the error was caused due to my desktop resolution being 1400x900..... just started it with 3d analyzer in windowed mode...n switched resolution in game...worked fyn
Hmm.. Me think dis is caused due to uneven refresh rate b/w game and the desktop...
Can be rectified by enabling V-sync... Just in case anyone else has dis problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom