Status
Not open for further replies.

freakabhishek

Broken In
Hi
i HAVE THIS QUANTUM CABINET WITH QUANTAM POWERSUPPLY
THE SPECIFICATION WRITTEN ON IT IS
smps p 1v 400k Ac Input 230/115 50/60 Hz

can anyone tell me what is the wattage of this smps as i was thinking of buying a new smps with more power supply of around 400 or 500

janitha

Wise Old Owl
230/115 50/60 Hz

230/115 This is the input supply voltage.

50/60 Hz This is frequency of the input voltage.

If the wattage or the ampere ratings of the different voltage rails are not mentioned, you cannot find the wattage.

If the ampere ratings are shown, you can calculate wattage of each rail and sum them up to know the total wattage.

W=ExI
For eg. 15 amperes on the 12V rail will give you 180 Watts.

OP
F

freakabhishek

Broken In
anarchist said:
Hey, i have seen wattage is written on smps unit. Why don't you look for that?

Its not written anything else then what i mentioned and i cannot figure what is the watt thats why i want ur help

janitha

Wise Old Owl
If nothing is written reg. the wattage or ampere ratings, I feel the unit is not likely to be reliable and you better buy a PSU of a known brand with wattage depending on your configuration, than damage your Mobo and peripherals (even your CPU) by connecting to a doubtful PSU.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I am able to tell you only the prices from online stores because only cheap 400W PSUs are available here and nearby towns.
500W Antec SP-500 costs Rs.4983/-
500W Antec NeoHE-500 costs Rs.6466/-
These are prices from *www.theitdepot.com/
500W Zebronics costs Rs.1300 as per *www.deltapage.com/

The prices should be much lower in the local stores, if available.

OP
F

freakabhishek

Broken In
hi guys
i have got 400 watt intex smps as 500 watt was much costly around 5 times
the 400 watt
i wanna know is it enough for my current config and 4 extra fans

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
A 400 watt PS is sufficient, but don't buy Intex.
If you look at the post above yours, you'll see that a Zebronics 500W PS costs Rs. 1300. Get that instead.

OP
F

freakabhishek

Broken In
today i have been to nehru place but dint find any one keeping 500 watt smps
and the one that have costs rs 2300 or more
so at last i have bought an intex 400 watt for 380

OP
F

freakabhishek

Broken In
i dont know about fake or real
but every shopkeeper offered a smps fo 380 some for 390 and some for 400
not anything more then that

janitha

Wise Old Owl
drvarunmehta said:
380??? You're kidding right? If your PS cost Rs. 380, then its fake.

Surprising, but it is true! Even in our town a Zebronics 400W costs less than Rs.400/. God alone knows how much power it will really supply. And the shopkeepers are ignorant about better PSUs. And they will ask why you need a higher rated or better ones.

zuala77

Broken In
hi

i dont know about those numbers but i should advise dont go for the wattage.....se carefully on the side or the top of the psu..u will find 12V rail amperage....dont go for 9A or 15A.....what u should want is to be at least 19A to 24A for mid level gaming....and if u see two instances of 12v rail then that means dual rail...it is one of the best for SLi....for SLi...it should be 35A .....i have notice that in techcomm and frontech....psu offering 400 to 450 watt...but when u see the 12V rail it is only 9A sometimes 12A...and if the 12V is high..the wattage cant be low

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Re: hi

zuala77 said:
i dont know about those numbers but i should advise dont go for the wattage.....se carefully on the side or the top of the psu..u will find 12V rail amperage....dont go for 9A or 15A.....what u should want is to be at least 19A to 24A for mid level gaming....and if u see two instances of 12v rail then that means dual rail...it is one of the best for SLi....for SLi...it should be 35A .....i have notice that in techcomm and frontech....psu offering 400 to 450 watt...but when u see the 12V rail it is only 9A sometimes 12A...and if the 12V is high..the wattage cant be low

You are correct about the importance of the ampereage, but do you think we can rely on what is written on the PSU, especially in case of the cheap brands?

Kerry King

Right off the assembly line
I bought a GeForce 7600 GT CO. It requires a minimum of 350 watt power supply. what would be a good 400 watt power supply forthat is under 40$ and is celron compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom