Desktop VS Laptop

If money is not a problem, what do you prefer?

• Desktop

Votes: 39 49.4%
  • Laptop

Votes: 40 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

william

Journeyman
Hey guys give your opinion-
A Desktop is more Powerful than Laptop no matter for what purpose it is used.

There is going to be a heated discussion!!!!!

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
???Is this even a matter of debate? It depends on what you need it for.If you need computing on the move, obviously you need laptops; else obviously desktops will be better (As you said, desktops are more powerful).

P.S. - I was not trying to belittle your thread, btw.

OP
william

william

Journeyman
Friend i am not saying that desktop is moreful than laptop rather i have put it up as a question. i want your opinion.

@

@rpi

don't u think in todays busy scheduled life we need a device which can be used anywhere at anytime to make r work more effecient............ from this point of view i can tell that laptops r much more better than desktop

It depends on Needs, for mobile computing the Laptop beats hands down unless you want to look like a fool carrying a desktop. But for Games and high end operations, the Desktop is the best.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
the deconstructionist said:
It depends on Needs, for mobile computing the Laptop beats hands down unless you want to look like a fool carrying a desktop. But for Games and high end operations, the Desktop is the best.

yaar maine bhi to yehi bola tha...meri koi sunta hi naheen hai :'^(

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
well desktops rule for power work and laptops rule for anytime anywere computing. that is all. there is really no comparision.

But for this threads sake lets say we have a desktop and a laptop of exact same config and same performance. Now which one would you go for?

I would go for Laptop.. becuase it can be kept on a table and become a desktop too :-D

OP
william

william

Journeyman
I think we have enough of the discussion and i have got the answer but still if someone want to give his views then he do so.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
@rollercoaster: um...not really.....even if they were theoretically as powerful, a desktop has stuff like large screens, possibility of a nice mouse and ergonomic keyboard, many USB/PCI etc. slots....laptops would not have these because they are supposed to be portable.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
I think desktop is far better when it comes to gaming and comfort wise ...
laptop is good only when u want compact thing .

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
As many of 'em said (like led_shankar , the deconstructionist) it all depends on your NEEDS.
if its laptop you can do more work (coz u can take it anywhere),& if its desktop you can do work only where it is.

well i've got both of 'em, when i'm on the move,(travelling), at that time i can do a lot of work, checking mail, etc,etc & if i'm bored i can play games (Colin McRae 04, F1....).
& when i'm home i can do the work comfortably, & i get to play these games at a higher gfx. settings.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
laptop are like sweet ,tender, sexy, gals who in general can't work like powerhouses (desktops) like we men .

Desktop are real machine which can work like anything , laptop gud for frequent traveller but for general way to show purse power

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
^ sexist pig.

@Qwerty: it is lazy to use a laptop? I think it is stupid to use a desktop on a train, for example.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yep, if you love your sleep couch you'll like a laptop, I didnt mean its useless and all that, just that I'd love to carry a comp anywhere, esp use it lying on the bed, relaxed :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom