DEMO OF Far Manager(only for cid36 and cid29 phones)

DO YOU LIKE THIS THREAD

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • WHAT THE F***

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I TOLD U! I HATE POLLS

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

::cyborg::

In the zone
iam giving this tut bcoz i saw that no far tut was there and guys this one is only for those who have sony ericssn cid 29, 36,49

First of all; I am in no way responsible for whatever you might do to your phone if you choose to follow this tutorial. You might render ur phone completely unsusable. But that is not my problem.YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

First of all you'll need the FAR Manager program*www.farmanager.com/download.php?l=en. Download and install version 1.70.

Edit: Then you'll need the latest SE Flash Plugin*sephone.nm.ru/tools/SEFP010044.zipfor FAR Manager. Unzip the content to the ..\Program Files\Far\Plugins\ folder.

When you start FAR you'll get this screen:

*img212.imageshack.us/img212/9334/screenshot0017tv.png

THeN
Pressing Alt+F1 gives you this screen:

*img204.imageshack.us/img204/5836/screenshot0020uz.png

Select "SEFP" from the list to enter the phone. Make sure the phone is turned off and the DCU-60 cable is connected to the computer but NOT the phone.

Hit Enter and you're presented with this screen:
*img204.imageshack.us/img204/1091/screenshot0042tq.png

Make sure the settings match for the DCU-60 cable and Tab to "Enter The Matrix" and hit Enter.

now this screen comes:
*img212.imageshack.us/img212/8379/screenshot0058rw.png

when phone gets detected :
*img204.imageshack.us/img204/2779/screenshot0061er.png

now u can release the "c" key.
The program connects to the phone and shows this screen
*img204.imageshack.us/img204/5712/screenshot0071mu.png

Select FS (for filesystem) and hit Enter, and the program scrolls through some info and then you're in the root of the filesystem

*img204.imageshack.us/img204/6731/screenshot0094do.png
And from here you can move to the different folders using Arrow Up/Down and hitting Enter. The .. at the top gives you the parent folder.

IMPORTANT!
When you've finished with the changes on the phone move up to the root of the filesystem, until you get this screen:
*img212.imageshack.us/img212/26/screenshot0162hh.png

And answer "Yes" to SHUTDOWN the CSFSloader. Otherwise your changes will not be made on the phone. And the phone could become unusable

to exit press f10
*img204.imageshack.us/img204/1486/screenshot0187dz.png

If you're not completely sure about what you're doing in regards to editing the filesystem with FAR Manager, you probably shouldn't do it. There's a very real possibility that you'll end up with a very expensive paperweight. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Last edited:

hailgautam

Youngling
Somehow I am not able to use FAR Manager to access the files. It boots up all right and seems to access the phone but no files are visible. (From the sixth picture over there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom