dell xps m1710

Status
Not open for further replies.

desijays

Broken In
got a brand new lappie from dell 10 days ago. one of my relatives sent it as gift.

i don't need to tell you about the dell xps m1710. check out the uk dell website if you will. that is where i bought it and got it to india. it is supposedly the most powerful laptop in production in the world today that is also available for commercial use. Need i say more !!!.

the reason im selling is because its a huge lappie. didn't expect it to be this big. i wanted to get something i can carry around. this lappie is 8kgs. besides i don't know much about computers. and this lappie looks very powerful for me.

none the less, here are the specs

Intel core 2 duo Processor T7200 (2.0 GHz, 4MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB )
17" screen with WUXGA with truelife. (1920 * 1200 is the native resolution )
80 GB hard disk
1 GB 667 mhz DDR2 SDRAM ( i have extra 3GB RAM chips. will be insertin them tomorrow )
7900 GS graphics card
80 W 9 cell battery.
Intel wireless/Pro a/b/g wireless adaptor.
355 bluetooth module with bluetooth version 2.0 (says on specs. don't ask me wat it is )
Inbuilt speakers. Inbuilt subwoofer. Music is awesome.
LED displays on speakers, fan and back cover. LED's blink on and off according to beats of the music. And they also change colours
Inbuilt LAN adaptor.
Smart card capability.
Secure lock.
6 USB ports
1 firewire port
1 headphone, 1 microphone jack
s-video out and digital videa out.
DVD writer

Still under warranty. Like i said...its only 10 days old. haven't yet removed the sticker on the top and on the keyboard. If the price is right i'll add in an extra external hitachi hard disk, 5 year warranty, 40 GB, 4 days old. cant make it any sweeter.

i also have the box and everything along with driver cd's, OEM winxp.

if interested let me know. i asked my friend who is good with computers. he said it will go for 70,000.

expecting 65 - 70 range... but negotiable

Last edited:

king007

In the zone
8 kg's??? Man are u serious? My acer travelmate is 2.8kg and i still feel i need more light lappy.... :D

OP
D

desijays

Broken In
imranais said:
8 kg's??? Man are u serious? My acer travelmate is 2.8kg and i still feel i need more light lappy.... :D

this lappie is not meant for buisness. Even on dell's uk site, they say its meant for hardcore, portable gaming as a desktop replacement... This thing really is heavy though.

OP
D

desijays

Broken In
kuldeep bhardwaj said:
post the complete spec your location
i may b interested if u just show some screenshots

does your browser not render post #1 properly or what?

and do you think i would waste my time trying to convince you to buy this without having one in hand..myself

take a hike mate, if you think i'm fake

harikatt

In the zone
hi,

can i have an look for any images or snapshots of your laptop, also you were saying it was brought some where from abroad, But can you mention how many years does gurantee is there for the complete laptop, and how does the warrante here in india works as the item is not buyied here and does you have all the bills regarding to the purchase.

i would like to be interested, please specify also the location .

thanks. hari

thanks.

Last edited:
OP
D

desijays

Broken In
*img95.imageshack.us/img95/1883/dsc00522xx7.th.jpg

*img95.imageshack.us/img95/3599/dsc00523zh8.th.jpg

*img95.imageshack.us/img95/6176/dsc00534kk3.th.jpg

I haven't even removed the sticker on the face plate. The sticker on the keypad is still intact as well..

Im in chennai

It has one year warranty. if anything happens in that period, you will have to send the laptop to dell in the UK. I don't know about dell in india.. In India, dell does not sell xps m1710. Thats why i had to bring it from UK.

faraaz

Evil Genius
@desijays: That's not an issue. As long as you have a Dell warranty, they will fix it for you wherever in the world you are. Dell tech support is top notch! :)

OP
D

desijays

Broken In
faraaz said:
@desijays: That's not an issue. As long as you have a Dell warranty, they will fix it for you wherever in the world you are. Dell tech support is top notch! :)

thats cool mate. thanks for letting me know.. I was thinking otherwise..

dilpedilip

Broken In
desijays said:
*img95.imageshack.us/img95/1883/dsc00522xx7.th.jpg

*img95.imageshack.us/img95/3599/dsc00523zh8.th.jpg

*img95.imageshack.us/img95/6176/dsc00534kk3.th.jpg

I haven't even removed the sticker on the face plate. The sticker on the keypad is still intact as well..

Im in chennai

It has one year warranty. if anything happens in that period, you will have to send the laptop to dell in the UK. I don't know about dell in india.. In India, dell does not sell xps m1710. Thats why i had to bring it from UK.

Can you give the web address

harikatt

In the zone
hi,

any negotiable price for this item,, so that i can plan and come to your place to check the item also..
let me know. or please check the PM

sabret00the

Youngling
1 piece of advice: Guys make sure that the system comes with 3yrs+ next business day warranty ....which means International warranty is available.Otherwise u'll only be able to get service in UK nowhere else.:grin:

harikatt

In the zone
yes,, whats the warrantee period of time.. in years,,, can u mention it. does the item covers international warranty.

OP
D

desijays

Broken In
my friend who presented it to me told me that since the lappie is only 10 days old, for that configuration it is worth atleast 1 lac. i thought it was worth only 70K. so if anyone wants to buy it, that would be the price...

he bought it for 1347 GBP...

harikatt

In the zone
harikatt said:
yes,, whats the warrantee period of time.. in years,,, can u mention it. does the item covers international warranty.

whats about this question,, can you provide this anwers to find out.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Check ur pm maan... me too interested.

Last edited:
OP
D

desijays

Broken In
harikatt said:

i have already answered that question, when you asked me for the first time. Read the thread mate !!!
didja check for dell battery recall... see if the m/c is in the safe limits. Do u have the papers regd the piece. Can u pm my qs?

This laptop was bought after that incident. what the hell is m/c. Didn't i already show you the picture of the box it came in. Isn't it understood that if I have the box and the laptop, then it must be registered.

Last edited:

sabret00the

Youngling
read more about battery recall @ *dellbatteryprogram.com/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom