Dell P1110 monitor not displaying perfect black

Status
Not open for further replies.

yash

I draw every day
hi, I hooked up an old crt monitor that I found in the house to my macbook pro to use as a secondary display. But I notice that the monitor is not displaying the perfect black. I have tried calibrating it with the utilities, and also tried messing around with brightness and contrast settings. but nothing seems to be helping a lot. The blacks are looking like dark bluish greys... Please help guys.

shantanu

Technomancer
it seems your CRT is repaired... and some rpair guy has tightened the contrast srew in the CRT board.. take it to a repair guy.. and tell him to set the CRT to normal contrast range..

OP
yash

yash

I draw every day
Actually, I can't take it to any repair guy. The monitor is too heavy and I don't own a car. Plus, it'd be too expensive. I was just hoping someone could give me instructions on how to fix it.

VexByte

Norms Buster
yash said:
Actually, I can't take it to any repair guy. The monitor is too heavy and I don't own a car. Plus, it'd be too expensive. I was just hoping someone could give me instructions on how to fix it.
May be it's time for a replacement !

OP
yash

yash

I draw every day
yeah. it was replaced by a better monitor long ago. And that's why I have it now. And I figured if I want to use it, I might as well get it up and running in top shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom