Dell Lap ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

abracadabra

Journeyman
well i was planning to get my first lap. well any suggetions to this config. there is a slight problem. it says it does not support PCMCIA card. has anyone tried this laptop before. well i wish to take a wirless internet connection from tata or reliance later on, and that i wuld be needing this facility i guess.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Base System [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo Processor T2400[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 1.83 GHz, 2MB Cache, 667 MHz FSB [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Items included in the System [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Artic Silver with Alpine White accents on a black base[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Dell(TM) Image Restore
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Integrated Stereo Sound
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]ExpressCard Slot, (DOES NOT SUPPORT PCMCIA CARDS)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]
Intel(R) 945 Chipset Family
[/FONT] [FONT=arial, helvetica] 1 [/FONT] [FONT=arial, helvetica] [PJ732] Media Direct 2.0[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Displays [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]15.4" UltraSharp(TM) Wide Screen SXGA+ TFT Display with Truelife(TM): 1680x1050
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bluetooth Module [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Dell(TM) Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wireless Solution [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 802.11a/g 54Mbps Wireless Mini Card
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]DIMM Memory [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]1024MB (2 X 512MB) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Video Card [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]256MB ATI Mobility(TM) Radeon(R) X1400 Hypermemory
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] EIDE Hard Drives [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]60GB SATA Hard Drive [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Operating System [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Genuine Windows(R) XP Professional (English) [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Dell Media Experience [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Dell(TM) Media Experience Software[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Internal Optical Drive [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Modems [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Internal 56K Modem [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Primary Battery [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] 9-cell 85Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Adapter [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]65W AC Adapter
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Network Assistant [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Dell(TM) Network Assistant - 90 days Trial[/FONT]

Sourabh

Laptoping
Yes, express slot cards are not compatible with older PCMCIA. Since you dont actually own one of those data cards, you can do on with the purchase of the laptop. Some telecom providers should soon churn out express card solutions in the near future. So, just keep your fingers crossed for that.

Moreover, those data cards are extremely costly if you buy it from the Reliance World (they ditched the 'Web World' name a few days back) I would get a cheap handset with datacable for wireless internet connectivity than spend make a huge one time purchase and regular monthly bills.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
I have the same config as ur bt i hav 80 GB Hdd and got it frm US 2 mnths back.The laptop is quite good bt one strange prblm..... If u try to connect net by reliance or tata connection then it frrezes up. I use USB cable. Have tried almost evrythng bt doesnt seems to work. The same prblm is with another same model of my relative. The cable n phn work with desktop

rohanchauhan22

Right off the assembly line
well friend if you wanna buy good laptop then go to the links given by me.
alienware.com
rockdirect.com
gateway computers
i am sure you will find it useful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom