Deleted patition by mistake, help help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kniwor

Learner
Hey, I deleted a 134.41Gb NTFS partition on my RAID 0 array by mistake, there's some important data on it, and I don't want to play with it till I am sure of what I am doing, coz this can cause further data loss. Anybody had similar situation before? or know any way i can get my partition back. Pls help here.

Partition: Logical drive, 134.41Gb
Type : NTFS

Last edited:
OP
Kniwor

Kniwor

Learner
XP pro
Ok, got the partition back, I practically panicked for a while, and made a post before even thinking, anyhow, a simple idea did the job, since I deleted a partition, I thought if I restore the partition table it should be fine, now I already knew what the partition was, so the only thing I had to do was boot into Linux and edit the partition table(since windows cant do it by itself, it only allows format), but the problem was the my Linux did not recognize my RAID array (I just set up my array recently so I was gonna take my time getting Linux on it too), anyhow, I got a partition table editing tool for windows from a friend and restored the partition, but the tool deleted my system partition on RAID array (afterall it's a windows tool :lol: ), anyhow I am least concerned about my system partition, unlike others, as I keep almost nothing there, not even "My Documents".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom