Degrading VISTA to XPSP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Well Guys,

I am going to install XP in my system which is currenty running VISTA Ultimate with WD 160 GB sata HDD. I am asking bcz I saw sowhere in internet that we sud include SATA drivers before installing XP in SATA HDD. Is this true?

I am degraging vista because I am going to use adobe illustrator cs2 with carbide.ui 3.2, it will help me to customize svg icons for s60v3 themes which i am going to share in my blog.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Just install xpsp2 without worrying.
i also have 160 gb segate sata on dual boot xpsp3 and ultimate without any additional sata driver.
where you read it?
Also make dual boot system. dont degrade.

OP
dhanusaud

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Just install xpsp2 without worrying.
i also have 160 gb segate sata on dual boot xpsp3 and ultimate without any additional sata driver.
where you read it?
Also make dual boot system. dont degrade.

Mate, just google it you will get the answer regarding this matter.

There is a software named nLite which does this job.

BTW, I am surfing thinkdigit's forum via mobile can't give the link.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
You dont need sata drivers for SP2. They are included already, since an original SP2 disc which I had since SP2 was first released, I used it and it detected my sata 250gb perfectly.

www.nliteos.com is where you can get nlite.

and offtopic, its DOWNGRADE, not DEGRADE.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
You may need to include the drivers into your cd, if you wish to use AHCI mode (i had a xp sp2 cd.. that didnt work).
I needed to do so for my dell inspiron 1520. To find out if you need to do so just search in the net.. or simply insert your xp cd and try to boot from it. If it says hard disk not found or something similar, you need to get those drivers separately.
You can either load the drivers during installaiton from a floppy disk or integrate them into the installation disk using nLite.

gopz

In the zone
You dont need sata drivers for SP2. They are included already, since an original SP2 disc which I had since SP2 was first released, I used it and it detected my sata 250gb perfectly.

www.nliteos.com is where you can get nlite.

and offtopic, its DOWNGRADE, not DEGRADE.

XP SP2 does not have SATA drivers. I had to slip stream it using nLite for it to detect my 160GB hard drive. Probably your BIOS had changed the HDD mode so it worked for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom