defrag help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfame

Padawan
I have gta sa installed on drive f:
On there i have my page file, a temp download folder whose size is over 2GB & contains files not <700MB.
The problem is that except my temp download folder, everything is defragmented but these files of 700 MB aren't.
I wanna ask if they are hindering performance of the game ????????????
Using Fraps, i came to know that game runs on about 10-12 FPS.
But i can play it well unless it drops to 3.

My system config. :
P4 2.8Ghz with 256 MB DDR RAM, 80 GB 7200rpm barracuda drive, no graphics card.

Will buying a 512MB ram stick would help me in getting about 30fps in the game.

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Yes, adding another 256Mb would increase the game performance - by a few more fps. But to really get a boost, you need to buy a grafix card. Go for a card like the FX5200 or something if you don't want to spend too much. You should get around 30fps comfortably. The Readeon 9600XT is also a card you might want to consider.

shovik

Banned
First of all you have to get rid of the the temp folder of yours. It seems that it contains Windows Temporary files. Don't panic and go ahead and delete all the files in it. Go ahead and defrag your hard drive and run disk cleanup on every partion you have. You can also go for 'System Mechanic 6.0i pro' to do the job for you.
And now for your game, you haven't mentioned the OS you are using, I am assuming that you are on Windows XP which needs atleast 256MB of RAM to run properly and your game demands more. So try upgrading to atleast 512MB of RAM and a decent graphics card (geforce fx5200, ATI 9250SE) if you have a modest budget.

Regards,
Shovik.

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
shovik said:
First of all you have to get rid of the the temp folder of yours. It seems that it contains Windows Temporary files. Don't panic and go ahead and delete all the files in it. Go ahead and defrag your hard drive and run disk cleanup on every partion you have. You can also go for 'System Mechanic 6.0i pro' to do the job for you.
And now for your game, you haven't mentioned the OS you are using, I am assuming that you are on Windows XP which needs atleast 256MB of RAM to run properly and your game demands more. So try upgrading to atleast 512MB of RAM and a decent graphics card (geforce fx5200, ATI 9250SE) if you have a modest budget.

Regards,
Shovik.

Shovik, i already have sysmech6.0
I don't have agp or pci-e slot on my mobo.
I am asking that is there any performance loss in accessing files if other files on the same drive are fragmented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom