default shortcuts GONE :cry: :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario_pant

In the zone
i recently installed tweakXP pro provided with digit DVD..... i auto tweaked at the slightly mode..... then i didn't like the stuff then i reverted it... and then uninstalled the piece of software from my machine and did a system restore to the point when i did not make any change... now everything is clean.. but here is the problem every shortcut related with the [Window] button isn't working..... eg. Windows+E Windows+R , etc.... Although Ctrl+Alt+Del is working... please help..... gos know wut else the $hitty program has done....
PLEASE HELP!

rajas

In the zone
Hi Mario,

man as the old saying goes, search for the thing where you lost it. There are 3 ways to do resolve.

1) Install tweak XP again and search for the option to enable Windows hotkeys. (Very bad way)

2) From Registry:
User Key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\
System Key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\

Change the value for "NoWinKeys" to 0
(0= disable restriction, 1 = enable restriction)

and plz backup registry b4 making any changes to it.

3) Most safer way to do it. Download TweakUI from:
*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Under Explorer category, check "Enable Windows+X hotkeys". thats it, done.

Post reply after try. awaiting ur reply.

OP
mario_pant

mario_pant

In the zone
Another thing, the shortcut in the start menu to my dialup connections is also sealed that means it shows network connections but doesnt give a drop-down menu connecting the connections further..... also it happened only to One user on the computer... that is mine...

rajas

In the zone
Mario, Hope U tried the solution I have provided U. Didn't get any reply from U. :(

I donn think its a big issue. is it?? Neways...Try this.
right click Task-Bar/ Properties/ Strat Menu tab / click Customize/ goto advanced.

Each Statup Item has 3 options:
1) Display as a link.
2) Display as a menu.
3) Don’t display this item

Choose Display as a menu as its should put a submenu on the Network Connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom