dedicated cpu cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
hi guys , i am looking out for a dedicated heat sink for my socket 478 3.2 ghz prescoot .. which i am planning to do some overclocking on ..

now i have came across asus star ice cooler which was massive in size as well as had copper heat pipes .. anyone have used it ? pls suggest anything better than this .. budget is 2 k ...

job9434

Broken In
man, i am too looking for a cooler i heard about ZALMAN cnps 7000 cu is the best c.p.u heat sink . but i dont know where to buy it from and about star ice its very complicated to install . but installing zalman is a piece of cake

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well coolers from zalman and thermalknight are great! but you hafta hunt for them in this country and also pay a premium.

how about cooler master ones? they are now easily available in india. check out the models from their site. also get a good thermal paste (i don't think we get artic silver here, do we??)

OP
yogi7272

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
thanks for ur replies guys .... but it was too late ...... now i have done the research on net and decided to go for zalman cnps 9500 led one ..

asus star ice is good too but is very noisy and is very heavy .. :shock:

as for cooler master , the vortex tx and vortex dream are good but they are without heatpipe designs .. for 2 k and 2.3 k respectively .. and hper 48 and hyper 6 are heat pipe ones for 3 k and 3.5 k respectively .....'

but after a lot of net surfing , the zalman one looks very good :D .. only 512 grams and looks cool with the blue led fitted in the fan .. only problem is not available in india ... :cry:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
availability is not the only problem..its the BIGGEST problem.... !!!!
i really had a tought time searching for arctic silver paste....forget abt the HSF ... :(

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
thats good news man. i'm not aware of it much as i use laptop and hafnt yet unscrewed it for mods! so hafnt recently bought coolers or thermal paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom