Decrypt in Windows without a certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumars

Broken In
Guys, i had encrypted some snaps in Windows.. But one day my PC crashed and i reinstalled the OS and now when i am trying to view the snaps i m not able to view them coz they are encrypted!! How do i decrypt them?? I tried to uncheck the encrypt thing from properties but doesn't help??

People plz save my photographs!! Help me!!

redhat

Mad and Furious
Copy it to a non NTFS drive. This should solve ur problem. Make sure the username is the same as it was.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Sorry dude U can't thats what Encryption is for .... If you didn't backup the "EFS Private Key" which I m sure U didn't u can't de-encrypt the files.

Check this for more info :
*support.microsoft.com/kb/223316

OP
kumars

kumars

Broken In
Guys there has to be some way to do this.. I have a file in a certificates folder which is not .pfx but it is named by a long code.. may be it is a key or it may help?? This is not a certificate though.. Is there anyone who charges for these type of services..? i am ready to pay..

adit_sen

In the zone
I had a similar problem sometime back. But I have the simplest solution...
Boot up using the Ubuntu Live CD, access your files, create a copy and voila! No problems....

cheers...

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
^^^Hmmmm that's interenting ... something for Microsoft to look into ... Do let us know if this works for you Kumars :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom