decent graphics card for DOOM 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackleopard92

In the zone
Well, I have been perparing for IITJEE and other exams for 3 yrs, hence couldn't update my system.

Now, I just got doom 3 and I wanted to enquire which graphics card will make it run smoothly on 800x600 in least budget.
I don't particularly need all the bell and whistles, but decent graphical experience.
Please quote prices, for delhi region
I don't want any hi fi card, simply because I will have to move to hostel in about 2 months, and after me, there is no one intrested in gaming.

If u are wondering, I cleared JEE :)

here's my config:
AMD 3000+
512x2 DDR 400
80x2 sata raid 0 7200rpm
MSI RS480M2 motherboard.

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
what is ur config and budget.....
If its arnd 8K then best buy is 6600GT 128 mb..... to enjoy DOOM and its game play......congrats for JEE....carry ur PC to hostel na... ;)

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Dude wat mobo do u have?
If u got a 845 onwards Then Doom III does not need a card to run as it will run pretty decent onboard withouth the bells and whistles

OP
blackleopard92

blackleopard92

In the zone
reddragon said:
ya I have MSI_RS482ild and games like doom3 , fear run on it without any disturbance ......

yes I also have Rs480 M2 board, and fears runs without much problem.However, openGL games like DOOM 3/Quake 4 find loads of problems.

here's my config:
AMD 3000+
512x2 DDR 400
80x2 sata raid 0 7200rpm
MSI RS480M2 motherboard.

OP
blackleopard92

blackleopard92

In the zone
Darthvader said:
Dude wat mobo do u have?
If u got a 845 onwards Then Doom III does not need a card to run as it will run pretty decent onboard withouth the bells and whistles
well, When I mean no bell and whistles, I mean things like anti aliasing and others.

I obviously want some on, the game looks flushed out on low setting.Hardly loveable

reddragon

In the zone
well If u want to Gain you have to undergo some pain.......... u want alllll those features? simple .. buy a Mobo with integrated graphics and buy an nvidia 6600 , there are many exparts in this forum who will tell u which mobo&Gr card is the best cost effective solution . I feel nvidia6600gt is about 8k and motherboard will be Rs 3000+ go for it and start play

OP
blackleopard92

blackleopard92

In the zone
reddragon said:
well If u want to Gain you have to undergo some pain.......... u want alllll those features? simple .. buy a Mobo with integrated graphics and buy an nvidia 6600 , there are many exparts in this forum who will tell u which mobo&Gr card is the best cost effective solution . I feel nvidia6600gt is about 8k and motherboard will be Rs 3000+ go for it and start play

read my config

here's my config:
AMD 3000+
512x2 DDR 400
80x2 sata raid 0 7200rpm
MSI RS480M2 motherboard.

MSI RS480M2 supports PCI-E.

also I had my thoughts on GeForce 6600GT but for only two month of gaming, its expensive.That's why I asked for some help

also, please see that I want to game at 800x600, not 1024x768 or higher.Hence its a waste to go for powerful cards.

Last edited:

Raiden Bee

Broken In
two month gaming? try a cyber cafe
Still you could try the new ati X1600 its as good as 6600 gt but costs 6-8k

OP
blackleopard92

blackleopard92

In the zone
drvarunmehta said:
Your onboard graphics are good enough to play Doom 3 at 800x600.
no it isn't.
DOOM has problem with ATI, and the game just lags as I run around with flashlight.
I am running it at 640x480

but its good enough for HF2.

digitized said:
Or at least you can try a Geforce 6600 256MB. It should cost around Rs.6000.

what's the equivalent of 6600 for ATI?

Raiden Bee said:
Still you could try the new ati X1600 its as good as 6600 gt but costs 6-8k
I will consider it, but still any thing cheap will intrest me more

Last edited:
OP
blackleopard92

blackleopard92

In the zone
n.regmi said:
hey guys what is GT and non GT?

Don't let two letters confuse u about their difference.
Their performance is almost as different as two seperate cards.
GT contains higher core speeds, bigger bus size and many enhancements that give it a huge performance boost.

How much does 7300 cost, and is it a good buy?

Personally, 6600 non Gt for Rs 5000 is looking good for me

rohan said:
i am not much experienced in the hardware side.. but congrats for clearing the JEE.
thanks.:)
There is a big gaping hole from pre preperation days to post one.
I am suddenly feeling empty

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom