Deadly virus attack.. ! ! Pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

anish_sha

.:: 3 : 1 6 ::.
Hi frenz, i'm screwed up for last two days when my system is attacked by a deadly virus(trojan)ever in my 7 years of computer life,i had avast n spybot installed,but no use,one fine day when i started my os,my screen was just having a wallpaper without any desktop icons,i tried several methods and found that its a virus attack,so i formatted my c:\ and reloaded the OS. . . Everything was fine, i accessed some files from the other drives and suddenly a warning came,i installed NOD 32 this time.. But no use,the virus deleted the nod32.Exe file itself! ! . . Now i want my data in the other drives, ie d,e and f at any cost, problem is that i can't start NERO , or any other stuffs even in safe mode.,can't install any other antivirus softwares too, now i'm planning to format c and load Any LINUX version so that these virus won't affect it and i can burn my data easily.. What do you guys think about this? Pls gimme suggestions about this and also any other methods if u know.. Thanks in advance, frenz..

praka123

left this forum longback
use knoppix linux or Ubuntu 7.10 cds to boot as live cd session and back up ur data in windows.then partition ur free space to have a 6GB for Ubuntu and 300~400MB swap partition and use Linux esp while on internet with a firewall script like lokkit.also dont install Linux on ur first primary partition!,if ur again going to install windows.windows is adement on installing on primary partitions and writing MBR in bootsector of first partition.install linux on any logical partition with separate swap partition for dual boot.

Use windows carefully for ur job.windows needs special care esp firewall and antivirus be update.though i dont know much. a separate user accnt in windows is better rather than using default admin account.

u can dual boot both windows and Linux.If you install linux to the current system,u can backup fast from any ntfs or fat partitions.
if u want to burn DVDs as backup,use any burner software in Linux like Gnomebaker,brasero,graveman,K3b or even the file manager for Gnome called Nautilus.
Best of Luck

OP
anish_sha

anish_sha

Hi frenz, i tried to run live cd of ubuntu, but after some time of loading i get a flickering screen.. . I've NVIDIA GEFORCE MX 6000 128mb video adapter.. Is it because the os have no support for it? Can i download the driver for it? Pls help.. I'm using linux first time

praka123

left this forum longback
yeah,ubuntu harddisk install sure wants 3D drivers from nvidia.but for a live session,u can use "vesa" or "nv"-open source nvidia driver to work.
that wants when ur on livecd,u have to run a command:
Code:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
^and answers few questions and when asked for which driver-select "nv" instead of nvidia.also remove resolutions which are not supported by ur monitor.for a 15" monitor,u shud have 800x600 only as the resolution.then restart gdm and wait for user "ubuntu" to autologin.
restarting gdm:
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/gdm restart
this way u can use livecd.yes,it needs hand tweaking with nvidia,ATi and VIA Unichrome IGP cards.

OP
anish_sha

anish_sha

I 've tried to install winxp fresh by formatting my c:\ ,installed NOD32 without accessing any other drive, as i heard some trojan attack if we access any folders it has,so i was scanning suddenly it showed some virus.. Only delete option was there,so i opted that.. Suddenly it deleted the files including NOD32.exe ! !After that the virus started acting.. I tried to install AVG but it showed some error saying it can't be installed.. Writing of some file is denied..I tried installing FSECURE Dos version,i was able to boot in dos using bootable disk,now comes another problem,My HDD is SATA..it is not recognized by DOS.. Now what should i do frenz.. Pls help..

Pls help me out guys..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom