Dead Pexel or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMN

In the zone
i think i just got a few dead pixels on my 1 week old Dell SE2008WFP !!!@@@#@
here are the pics!!

or is it DPs?i know it looks like a scratch but there are absolutely no scratches on the screen.!

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
*img529.imageshack.us/img529/196/p1020598bj8.th.jpg*img529.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

*img505.imageshack.us/img505/8750/p1020600nl7.th.jpg

Last edited:

krinish

Journeyman
I dont thinks its a dead pixel, Could be a scratch or a stain. Any one else uses your comp? Try ceaning it with some cotton.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
only my sis.
but like i said its not a scratch...at least not on the screen.i guess its in the inner screen....really confused what to tell DELL.

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
i called them on 1800-425-8045 but their menu options don't mention any services for monitors!!!only "Desktop, Portable, Workstation, PowerEdge & PowerVault Main Line"!!!

or am i missing something?

imgame2

Padawan
i called them on 1800-425-8045 but their menu options don't mention any services for monitors!!!only "Desktop, Portable, Workstation, PowerEdge & PowerVault Main Line"!!!

or am i missing something?

just go to desktop and follow it from there ....then u should get a monitor menu ..i hope so ..i talked once about monitor but don't remember the monitor option i guess it has to come under desktop ...

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
under Desktop i get Inspiron optiplex studio dimension desktop and vostro!
and i don't have the service tag number behind my monitor!?

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
They shud repair or replace...force them until they do so, don't be light, and don't say u MIGHT hav done something...nahi toh

acewin

Point Blanc
yes there is no monitor option, they will redirect you to monitor when you go into desktop.

If you get any problem go option saying for "talk to our Customer Care Executive".

sashijoseph

In the zone
Download dead pixel buddy and post a few pics with dpb running.
Doesn't look like dead pixel though...
*www.laptopshowcase.co.uk/downloads/DPB.zip

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
ok guys i called them today and face the same old prob with them the service tag and order no.!
they told me i should have the order no in order to proceed...anyway i have to got to my store and get it!

what i want to know is...ive heard they give refurbished products as a replacement!?is it true?can i get a fresh piece?and how can i know if its a refurb?

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
thats definitely a blacked out pixexl. i had one on my samsung, except a whole 3 rows of pixels were wiped dead

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
ok i called Dell today and i told my prob...they asked me from where i bought it and i said "Intl.Marketing Co."(IMC) they checked with my order no. and they told their system says i bought it from SAVEX New Delhi...which is their distributor.so they asked me to talk to IMC. i spoke to them and now they are confused on what to do.anyway they asked me to bring take the monitor.
guys am i being pushed around????

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Download dead pixel buddy and post a few pics with dpb running.
Doesn't look like dead pixel though...
*www.laptopshowcase.co.uk/downloads/DPB.zip
thanks, nice app.

------
ask DELL/ dealer to send an engg. to check the monitor. (if they do that, for HP they do).

& ask them in detail what they'll do, (tell them) "coz you'll have to take huge monitor with you & travel...."

OP
R

RMN

In the zone
@rpm
thanks mate i guess ill try that.

btw i called my retailer and they keep forwarding me here and there.one guy told me that i had to bring it to them the next day after purchase.
again made few calls and i explained them what DELL Cust. Service told i.e "since i purchased it from you(ITC) you have to contact the distributor from who you purchased(Savex Computer Ltd) and order a replacement." they asked me to talk to another guy which i have to do tomorrow.!
btw ive sent an email to Savex Delhi.

Last edited:
OP
R

RMN

In the zone
ok guys went down to the store and i got my monitor replaced....BUT...i can still find few spots here and there on my replacement.
i don't think ill be getting another replacement from my retailer.and must say im very disappointed with DELL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom