DDR3 RAM around the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Source: *www.tomshardware.com/2007/08/30/the_new_arms_race_ddr3-1800_ram/

Frequency will be close to 2Ghz. I am still using DDR RAM with 400Mhz speed.:(:eek:

xbonez

NP : Crysis
the Geforce 9800 coming ouit in december has GDDR4!! this just shows how ahead teh gfx industry is from the rest...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well the gfx board and a motherboard are very different. the components on a gfx board (the proc, ram etc.) can be integrated relatively easier than that on a motherboard.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
I have been waiting for this, to upgrade my old p4 rig with ddr 400 ram.But will it be compatible with core2duo & quadcore proccy?Also when will they come in mainstream market?Mid 2008?

It's quite old news, anyways: The Super Talent DDR3 Memory sticks are the fastest now which had the capacity to reach ~2100MHz. And also, these things are darn expensive as of now. A 1GB pair costs you almost 20K. And also the recent trend that motherboard manufacturers have shown in sticking with DDR2 even after Intel P35 and X38 chipsets which support DDR3 were on the board tells us that DDR3 is not going to be available easily and as cheaply as DDR2 RAM atleast for another 1~2 years.

monkey

Padawan
Well I found some DDR3 modules in India here: *www.yantraonline.in/Product.asp?SubCatId=60 :)

Prices are not something to talk about though... :-(

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
guys guys guys we dont even need ddr3 right now do we? dont think that far
and besides ati alraedy has ddr4,

entrana said:
guys guys guys we dont even need ddr3 right now do we? dont think that far
and besides ati alraedy has ddr4,

dude, there's a lot of difference between GDDR and DDR.:cool: The one on graphics cards are GDDR and not DDR.

lalam

In the zone
OMG! Goodness gracious i just checked the price and i'm like OMG! again......Wasn't expecting it to hit that range hmmmm was thinking of getting one if i could now forget it i'd rather stick to DDR2.....Computers are becoming fashion for thats like a dolce and gabana or the victoria's range of bra and panties (Victoria's angel) :D

axemanrio

Right off the assembly line
Help~Is~Here said:
It's quite old news, anyways: The Super Talent DDR3 Memory sticks are the fastest now which had the capacity to reach ~2100MHz. And also, these things are darn expensive as of now. A 1GB pair costs you almost 20K. And also the recent trend that motherboard manufacturers have shown in sticking with DDR2 even after Intel P35 and X38 chipsets which support DDR3 were on the board tells us that DDR3 is not going to be available easily and as cheaply as DDR2 RAM atleast for another 1~2 years.
Actually, the recently launched Cellshock DDR3 modules are currently the best and the cost is ~24k. It's still not time to buy DDR3 yet, though.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
guys stick with what we have, the more we try to get more the more dissatisfied we get, just stick to ddr2

axemanrio

There is no such thing as SLI-ready memory, it's just silly marketing teams hoping consumers fall further for their cr@p.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
oo really im getting sli ready memory from ocz, it seems fine to be 2gig for 80 dollars, plus its 800mhz
4-4-4-15-1T

axemanrio

entrana said:
oo really im getting sli ready memory from ocz, it seems fine to be 2gig for 80 dollars, plus its 800mhz
4-4-4-15-1T
What, according to you, is SLI ready memory? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom