DDR Ram problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganesh_2218

Journeyman
Hi guys,

Im having Intel 865GBF motherboard . It can support upto 400 MHZ DDR RAM. The mobo has 4 memory slots. I have 512 mb memory in total. In one slot i have "ENTER" brand 256 Mb 266 mHz and in another slot "TRANSCEND" brand 256 MB 400 mhz. Will the diffrence between the frequency of the memory will affect my pc and create any problem?

Help me out.

GANESH

choudang

Padawan
this mobo give the best perf. with dual ch. RAM confg. so it will be better to use same freq. and amount of RAM. i have tried this but it gives the error. after that i ddidn't try. preferable that you should use ur 400mhz in A0 and 266 A1. try to exchange the RAM eg take another 400mhz xchangin with 266mhz and configure as dual ch.

sakumar79

Technomancer
the difference in frequency wont cause any problem but your transcend memory stick will be running at 266 mhz only causing your system to run at a speed slightly lower than what it is capable of. you might want to change your "enter" memory stick and upgrade it to a 400 mhz stick...

also for dual channel to work, both memory sticks should have same specs (speed, latency, etc), so it should preferably be done only with two sticks purchased together...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom