ddr-I or ddr-II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys!!
i am assembling a computer mainly for gaming and internet purposes.
my budget is only 25,000(excluding monitor) and i have decided to construct a c2d e6300 based pc,i have decided on all the components,except the ram,i already have a gig of ram which is ddr-I,and my budget just allows for one 512mb ddr-II stick,which one gives more performance?(ddr-1,1gig or ddr-2 512mb)my mobo is gigabyte 945pl(supports core2duo),can it support ddr-1?
i also decided on a 160gb harddrive,but i already have a 120gb hardrive,should i just use the one i have and use my remaining money for a better graphics card?
thanx for the help!(in advance)

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
DDR is better if u choose a good latency one: See this benchmark--its a screenshot from everest benchmark report.;
*img230.imageshack.us/img230/1569/reportmemzu6.jpg

[edit:techno]:please use thumbnails for large images

Last edited by a moderator:

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
tech_your_present said:
hi guys!!
i am assembling a computer mainly for gaming and internet purposes.
my budget is only 25,000(excluding monitor) and i have decided to construct a c2d e6300 based pc,i have decided on all the components,except the ram,i already have a gig of ram which is ddr-I,and my budget just allows for one 512mb ddr-II stick,which one gives more performance?(ddr-1,1gig or ddr-2 512mb)my mobo is gigabyte 945pl(supports core2duo),can it support ddr-1?
i also decided on a 160gb harddrive,but i already have a 120gb hardrive,should i just use the one i have and use my remaining money for a better graphics card?
thanx for the help!(in advance)

I had a similar question as your's a few days ago & I don't know if DDR1 is compatible in Gigbyte945PL mobo...however your budget seems to fit in perfectly with the config suggested by Agent 001 (of Digit) in "The Penny Pincher" section (on page100) of Digit August 2006 issue, even I am considering that config seriously...since you don't need a monitor (and possibly even speakers, keyboard & mouse) you can get a Forsa 7600GS for Rs.6500 (an excellent review is on page 81 of Digit AUG 2006 issue) read it you might like it.

I also have similar questions:
1.) Are you saying that it'll support DDR1?
2.) will a ATA IDE HDD work in that mobo?

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
I'd still stick to DDR ... specially , since u can tweak the latencies quite a lot ... and if u can get ur hands on low latency one's then :D

Also .. u can get ddr433 , ddr500 .. so ddr2 can get a miss for me .. ddr3 i'll be there ...

Y

yogeshm02

Oops your mobo does not support DDR-I.

For DDR-I you will have to purchase a mobo based on 915G/910GL/915P/915PL, thought I'll not recommend that.

Check out *www.intel.com/products/motherboard/index.htm

OP
T

tech_your_present

Broken In
okay then ,thanx for all the help guys.my dealer actually messed up,and now he gave me some really cool parts,such as e6400,300gb hd,7300GS and a gig of 667mhz ram.my mobo is also gigabyte ga945p-sa,i got this config from KOOLKAPOOR's dealer,actually,i pmed him and he gave me their address and contact no.
god,he was right!they have the best parts and the cheapest deals in india,i think!!thanx a hell lot koolkapoor!!:D:D
(he took more money though($667:D(same as ram),and koolkapoor also 'forgot' to mention the fact that he only accepts dollars and that he is kapoor's brother...)

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
You have to choose between gaming speed and everything else speed.
1)AMD 64 AM2 + 7600GT

2)C2D + el cheapo card or 7600GS

OP
T

tech_your_present

Broken In
yeeeeeeessssss!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D
my computers arriving tonight at eight,i heard the rigs already reched (fort minor,where i live),all the way from (meteora,where kapoor's dealer is)
and after a lot of thought and fighting with me parents,they finally agreed to buy me 7600GS.....

magnet

Youngling
frm where do u belong???????
and u mean u bought stuffs frm usa????

ho much u paid indiviually.....

also regarding the main question...ddr1 and ddr2 doesnt differ alot in performance...only if u overclk..u will see advantage of ddr 2 over ddr1.....but ddr2 requires different socket and it wont feed in ddr 1 slot........

but in all practically no big difference inperformance

OP
T

tech_your_present

Broken In
what are you talking about?
i paid 667dollars for me first rig without 7600GS,and with it,its costing me 729.99 dollars,and why do you think i ordered from the U.S.A?
the dealer accepts only dollars cause he must be one of those amrika crajy pepol:D
(sorry,too lazy to write parts individually:D)
i come from fort minor,lincoln park,Kooch Bihaar
there isn't any difference in loading times between this and my old 2.4ghz rig,but it can be noticed when the game actually starts!EVERYTHING is faster than ALL the processors i've ever seen!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom