DDDS - Distributed Denial of Deserved Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadbandfreedom

Right off the assembly line
I think from the below URL's, we are being ripped of our money for broadband services by both, the TRAI and ISP's combined!

URL#1 *www.tiscali.co.uk/products/broadband/home.html?code=ZZ-NL-12LG

URL#2 *www.bethere.co.uk/homebroadband.do

The first shows Tiscali, an Italian ISP giving <8 mbps line for a total of Rs. 1600*/ month if the customer has a yearly contract.

The second shows Be There ( BE ) giving a <24mbps line for Rs. 2040*/ month and Rs. 230*/ month for a static IP.

Why should broadband in India cost as much as Rs. 1100/ month for a mere 256 KbPS that too without a static IP?!?!

Are the TRAI and ISP's paying attention to our falling back in global competitiveness and become a BPO nation instead of a fore-runner in technology because of stupid policies and greed for money?

Those interested in lobbying for better services from your providers, please get in touch with me: broadbandfreedom@yahoo.co.in

*: All coversions have been made on XE.com as of 00:37 hours, 22/10/2006.

Last edited:

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Its a good thing to say

But we should not forget as all those countries are already well developed and are only having an advancement in Broadband Facilities while in India its now only Broadband Booming Time and that too for the past one to two years

OP
B

broadbandfreedom

I've been using broadband since 2003 from Airtel ( when it was formerly called Touchtel, and the broadband, Zipnet ). Broadband was launched in 2001 by Dishnet DSL. They were offering 64KbPS UNLTD for Rs. 995/ pm. Don't tell me it took broadband companies to change the bandwidth at Rs 995/- for 64KbPS to 256 KbPS a whole 5 years!

Also, I rang up Airtel CC and asked if they would double my 256 KbPS to 512 KbPS ( shared home ) if I paid them Rs. 1800/ month ( Double the schemes rental ). They refused! They even refused an IP address for a home user saying its only for business plans, despite telling them I'm willing to pay the Rs. 2500 per annum for an IP, the same a business user is asked to! I'm not only addressing one issue, but several related issues and lack of feature rich services! This is a debate for the educated and power users of the internet...

Last edited:

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
With all due respect ur argument suggests that bcoz it's new they r allowed 2 rip us off with substandard quality with high price...I use Tataindicom broadband & i get atleast 5 days down time every month...these companies should b taken to task...I will gladly support in this cause.

Last edited:
A

ankitsagwekar

india is still back in internet
speed is very slow
it is time do somthink
when isp give me 1mbps @ Rs1000/- i think in year 2050

nix

i'm with you dude...lets try our best. TRAI really needs to do something about this.

OP
B

broadbandfreedom

I plan to open a website that will lobby for this cause and hopefully change the face of the Indian Internet Secenario.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@broadbandfreedom, Yes, you are right. We are all being over-charged!! I have already
pointed this out in a Thread. I had compared broadband in India with US. The broadband
users in US get 2 MB/sec for around $40. So if you compare that with what we have
here, it's pathetic!! Also in US & Europe you have millions of broadband users.
That's not the case here in India. Naturally when the broadband penetration in
India is high as in U.S , then we will get a cheaper & very affordable & higher
bandwidth ( say 2 MB/sec) for around 1500/- Rs.

mediator

Technomancer
Well Broadband prices were slashed to half by MTNL around previous year. Now they officially announced (saw in DD) that they'll give 3 in service i.e internet,cable and telephone soon. Lets hope for further slashings.

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
even service is not satisfied ... after every five days there is downtime ...on weekends sometimes i even cannot connect ..
error message " server is busy "
overcharging is also a problem
even TRAI has declared 256 kbps to be minimum speed for a bb connection but even some companies like TATA and AIRTEL r saying their 128 and 115 kbps connection as bb wich r infact dial up , as u cannot use phone service when u r connected to net and vice-versa
also BSNL and REALINCE providing at 256 kbps but it is not 256 connection .
it is only250 or 240 kbps connection.
sometimes on worse days the connection is only 200 kbps ..
now wud u say it broadband ???
i think 256 means 256 kbps without downtime and constant speed.

busyanuj

In the zone
discrepancies of pricing within India are debatable, but comparing the Indian rates with abroad ain't that wise. People here crave for 256kbps lines and 8mbps lines remain a distant dream.

gr8usr

Broken In
Well its really the fault of these ISPs that the prices are so high. i have a lan based broadband connection that gives me max speeds of upto 2MBps during downloads with a package of Rs.770(including taxes)/month. with no download limit and no time limits.
If my provider can still make profits by providing such an amazing connection i can only imagine how much the other broadband ISPs must be making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom