DC++ what ? how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeevchavan

Broken In
hi
Jan 06 disk contains a p2p file sharing program client called DC++.Can anybody pls guide how to set it.Especially how to do port mapping etc.
TIA
with best wishes
rpc

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dc++ is a used for 2 purposes .... setting up ur own lan sharing network ... and for going online and sharing stuff

1. online:
set it up enter the details such as a login name for urself, the hub u wanna connect .... thr shud b a search option for tht

2. for lan sharing ....
u will needa hub software on 1 of the machines on the network this app shud running and then all machines having dc++ can connect to the hub just put in the lan ip and then u can share ....

OP
R

rajeevchavan

Broken In
hi mAV3
thanks for reply.I have 2 questions
1) How to connect to be active user.I have Tata Indicom BB
with router.
2) From where do I get hubs list which will enable me to share my files with other users
Many Many thanks
with bet wishes
Rajeev chavan

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
no matter wat conx u hav u can connect to hubs or host 1 ....just fill in the details like ur desired name and pass along with wat u wanna name the hub u r connecting to ...

well for internet hubs ... thr is an option in the software which will search for the list of active hubs .... if u r lucky enough to get 1 then u can register thr to be a member

OP
R

rajeevchavan

Broken In
hi mAV3
I am able to connect only as a passive user and not Active user.I want to connect as active user.
Pls advice
TIA
rajeev chavan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom