Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, im using dataone broadband. when i connect to it, it connects fine, but the lan icon in the tray says that i have limited or no connectivity, because the network did not assign a network address to my computer.

when i click repair, the process goes for 5 mins and says that it failed to get an ip address. somebody help!

ps: i can connect to broadband, but this error shos up everytime i connect.

V

vishal_bhatia87

Try this

You can try this:-

>Click Start
>Right Click on My Computer Icon and Select Properties
>Their Select the Hardware Tab
>Below their select the 'Device Manager'
>In Device Manager double click the 'Network Adapters' to expand it
>Right Click the 'Lan Adaptor' which is giving you the problem and than select 'disable'
>In the warning message that appers click 'Yes'
>Restart your PC and try connecting again to Data One

--
Vishal Bhatia

Delta

Journeyman
This kind of error message comes only if there are some protocol that are enabled on your pc and disabled or not installed on server or vice versa.

Check your network connections properties.

anubhav_har

In the zone
Hey man as Dataone provides Dynamic IP this is the main problem. After a minute or so it automatically says that LAN connected at 100 mbps. I also use Dataone and my is the same problem.

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
I ve had similar problems when i used the onboard
ethernet adapter but iwas solved when i installed a pci lan card.
Are you using onboard lan.

agarwal007

Right off the assembly line
I too am looking for a broadband connection.
can you people rate this BSNL service and state your view that weather I should go in or not?

@amitsaudy
no, i am using a PCI based card. it is a Dlink 10/100 mbps ethernet card.

@agarwal007
the service is good, and the rates are cheap. if this your first venture into broadband internet, i recommend it strongly. if you work with lots of file uploads and downloads, you may wish to use airtel broadband, which is really good. Because BSNL does not provide more speed(ie >256 KBPS) which airtel does, choose the connection based on the work you do. Instead, if you are just an online gamer, or just a casual downloader, you can get Dataone Broadband

@vishal_bhatia87
your method doesnt work, sorry.

Charley

Just Do It
@ Dheeraj . Who told u that BSNL doesnt have speed above 256, did u go through the schemes they have. They have speed even in excess of 1mbps.

@achacko@dataone.in

they have it, but they are not implemented it. only the Home 500 and the first business plan(forgot the name) are available as "test" packages. if they are successful, bsnl will introduce the other plans(btw they are successful)

agarwal007

Right off the assembly line
thanks dheeraj. tell me something more is it ok to use the hardware that BSNL is suppling or should i get it myself? do i also neet a LAN card with the ADSL modem they are giving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom