Dataone Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
I am using a Dataone bband connection and i am facing a strange problem ... while surfing if by chance the connection drops and i reconnect then there is no transfer of data taking place after i reconnect ... but when i restart my computer and then connect the connection works perfectly fine ... this happens always !!! i have tried updating the drivers for my lan card but that dint help... i keep getting BSOD'S if i try disabling the lan connection and re enabling it ... i dont have any idea what the problem is.. i am using a p4-2.80 ghz , win xp home sp2 , 512 mb ram and an intel original d915gav board.. i dont have onboard lan on this board and so using a pci lan card made by dlink based on the realtek RTL8139 chipset.. plz help with ur suggestions. thanx.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well if the Data Transfer Stops for Some time then not to wory..its common with DataOne..but if no Data transfer is there..then may be u will nedd to Flush the DNS ...Do this

go to Command Prompt ...Start->run->CMD ...

now Type This

ipconfig\flushdns
ipconfig\release
ipconfig\rename

This will Flush ur DNS and release it......try this and come back with the result..

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
that did not help ... can u tell me step by step how should the dataone connection be created after a clean install of xp ?? ... this problem is bothering me a lil xtra now.

saROMan

QA Juggler
in XP, Just use the new connection wizard, select broadband connection with lan over PPPoE... go to network connections->Create a new connection->connect to the internet->set up my connection manually->connect using a broadband connection....->Then type in the ISP name and then the user name and password. This should do it in XP

OP
mohit

mohit

The Hardware Labs
i made the connection the same way ... but it is still giving problems... maybe my lan card is defective.. can u suggest a good lan card (pci) for me ? plz suggest the exact model number and make. thanx.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well thre are many....you dont need a Cutting Edge lancard for Data one a Mere Intex worth 150/- bucks can do the job for u.....even i used my Dataone on my Onboard SiS900/9000 Lancard ;)

any ways you can chk these out...

GIGABIT LAN PCI CARD REALTEK
LAN PCI CARD 10/100 MBPS REALTEK
LAN PCI CARD 10/100 MBPS REALTEK

Remember i have Found the links on a Site ....so bay b the Contents of indian Counterparts may b Different......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom