Dataone blues related .

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Frnds i have just applied for Bsnl dataone home plan 500 . My present hardware specification is following P4 2.8 ghz on orignal intel 845GVSR with 40 gb hdd
1........... Do i fullfill all hardware requirements for aboveplan and i am confused that do i have ethernet 10/100 port on my mb is this is necessary req for broadband ?

2...........Can i use my present dialup modem with my new ADSL modem<because i use earlier one for sending and reciving fax>
this problem is now solved thanks to all but plz help me out of

today BsNl official supplied me with HUAWEI WA1003A ROUTER which has a option of USB i connected my PC by using it . but now the problem is ............................ Bsnl has not provided any techie to configure router to connect and use broadband I tried myself to configure it and till now i had configured 1. PPPoE Dialer in Windows XP 2. TCP/IP Properties but i am not able to configure CPE-ADSL modem of Huawei ‘WA1003A’ when i try to dial my bb connection dialer tells that remote computer is not responding plz help.

sakumar79

Technomancer
I think you wont face any problems with hardware requirements... Most probably, the modem that you get will connect to the USB port, so you may not need a Ethernet port... You can confirm this with the company... Even if you need one, it is pretty cheap...
Yes... The dialup modem and the new Modem use different connections and can be used together...

Arun

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
You'll get modem with ethernet or usb. So you don't have to worry about it. If you dont have ethernet in your mobo, go for an usb modem

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Re: Dataone hardware related .

eagle_y2j said:
Frnds i have just applied for Bsnl dataone home plan 500 . My present hardware specification is following P4 2.8 ghz on orignal intel 845GVSR with 40 gb hdd
1........... Do i fullfill all hardware requirements for aboveplan and i am confused that do i have ethernet 10/100 port on my mb is this is necessary req for broadband ?

2...........Can i use my present dialup modem with my new ADSL modem<because i use earlier one for sending and reciving fax>

The least costly modem offered by BSNL and which is used by most of the people and which costs Rs.1200 has both USB and Ethernet ports. You can use any of these two and cables for both are supplied along with the modem. But Ethernet is supposed to be better. Whether your Mobo has Ethernet, can be verified either by referring its manual or by visually inspecting the PC's anterior portion. If it is not there, you can buy a PCI Ethernet card for about Rs.200.

And you can surely use both the dial up and ADSL.

V.Prem Kumar

OP
eagle_y2j

eagle_y2j

Youngling
@ all thanks for all above info today BsNl official supplied me with HUAWEI WA1003A ROUTER which has a option of USB i connected my PC by using it .
but now the problem is ............................
Bsnl has not provided any techie to configure router to connect and use broadband I tried myself to configure it and till now i had configured
1. PPPoE Dialer in Windows XP
2. TCP/IP Properties
but i am not able to configure CPE-ADSL modem of Huawei ‘WA1003A’
when i try to dial my bb connection dialer tells that remote computer is not responding plz help.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
nishant_nms said:
Man ur mobo have a ethernet port so no problem and u can not use ur dial up modem

I have been using BSNL router along with dial up but not simultaneously. But now I have gifted the modem to afriend of mine.

V.Prem Kumar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom