Dataone and Airtel Broadband - USB Slot Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
i installed the bsnl broadband dataone connection in one of my friend's house. but whenever i use the connection, it disconnects within one hour.
i personally checked the ip,dns and dhcp configuration. the username and password also are correctly entered.There is no ethernet card attached.
The modem has usb configuration.

The same problem is also occuring in another person's house who also has usb configuratuon who has airtel broadband using beetel modem.

When contacted, the customer care people say that this may be due to pirated versions of windows XP. if this is true, then it ok , if its not
then what might be the possible cause be for this disconnection ?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
i think there is setting in modem but i could not figure out clearly. but certainly its not the p****d xp

amitgg

Journeyman
I have suffered the same problem with beetel modem. I use airtel. The problem was rectified by changing modem from beetel to r.b. comtec.

eagle_y2j

Youngling
techtronic said:
i installed the bsnl broadband dataone connection in one of my friend's house. but whenever i use the connection, it disconnects within one hour.
i personally checked the ip,dns and dhcp configuration. the username and password also are correctly entered.There is no ethernet card attached.
The modem has usb configuration.

The same problem is also occuring in another person's house who also has usb configuratuon who has airtel broadband using beetel modem.

When contacted, the customer care people say that this may be due to pirated versions of windows XP. if this is true, then it ok , if its not
then what might be the possible cause be for this disconnection ?
Sometimes Frequent disconnection is caused due to Power Surge or some other type of distrubance in BSNL bfone line. As ADSL connection is very sensitive and a high electric surge can cause port blocking for safety at local BSNL exchange which results in disconnection in some cases it can cause total link faliture .So it seems ur frnds bfone line need to be checked by BSNL Broadband team so plz contact them if other solutions doesn't work.....................Pirated window can't be a culprit as mine shows nop lol

Last edited:

cyrux

In the zone
Well i have heard of similar problems with people using usb port, try using ethernet if possible

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
check for voltage supply in ur house. some adsl modems are senstive that much that a small up down leads to discountion.use a ups if nessary.

mohit sharma

Journeyman
cyrux said:
Well i have heard of similar problems with people using usb port, try using ethernet if possible

cyrux is right , try using ethernet , infact dsl installation team of airtel prefers ethernet link for installation and gives usb connection cable as a backup only . the reason according to them is that usb connection requires some special drivers and if any single file of tht driver file gets corrupted anyway then it will create problem .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom