dataone 400mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shasta

Broken In
hi everyone

i have got dataone broadband connection. 250/month upto 400 mb.

can someone explain to me what does this 400 mb mean?
i want to have an idea of it. how much is this 400 mb?
is this a download limit or what?

(...)

Broken In
Well this 400 MB include both your download & uploads....its actually the total data transfer........bit of too less...huh

cyberzook

Journeyman
Data transferred when surfing the net (i.e. sent and received) is measured in bytes or multiples of bytes.
1 Giga Byte = 1024 Mega Bytes
1 Mega Byte = 1024 Kilo Bytes
1 Kilo Byte = 1024 Bytes
If u exceed 400 MB in 1 month you will have to pay Rs 1.4 for each extra MB
You get the usage details of dataone here..
login.. then select service records.. then select the month you want to see..
Your total volume spent would be given in GB.. so keep it within 0.4 GB so that u dont hav to shell out extra cash.

cyrux

In the zone
Well well well , you dont know what 400 Mb means and still you got this connection. Too bad if you are a heavy user of net. 400 Mb is the free limit in which your data downlaoded and uploaded should be 400 Mb. Dont think downloading = downloading a file from the internet.Downloading is all the data transfered after being connected to the net. Might be browsing , audio or video streaming or multiplayer gaming , voice conferencing or simple text chatting. Data transfered depends on various applications. Consider you are browsing this digit forum with images ON. on an average you shall be transferring 5Mb of data.

So beware and check your usage records continiuosly to keep usage in limit or they will charge u @ 1.4 /Mb which is a bomb

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
If you are a casual user (which I think you are), four hundred MB is more than sufficient user. A casual user would mean about one or two hours of internet per day which included eMail checking, IM chatting, etc. However, if you download a lot and/or use file sharing programs, you had better upgrade your plan to the unlimited one or sleep in the afternoon and browse the net between 2-8 AM at night. ;)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
plan 250 sucks... realy sucks, its only for those who wants to say "I have broadband" but not for those who wants to use it... again Plan 250 Sucks sucks big time...

Official Techie

In the zone
atleast u should have the night plan just 400 mb of data will be easily transfered while surfing if you are good on waters consider upgrading plan

pickster

Professional Layabout.
If you really want broadband, atleast take the 500 plan offered by BSNL in which the limit is 1 GB. Believe me, I have 250 plan and it SUCKS. To hell with this kinda broadband and I am in process of changing it to the 500 plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom