Status
Not open for further replies.

jimcarey

Right off the assembly line
Hi ,
I am a student and am learning database application design with vb. I made an application using ADODC and the provider MS JET OLEDB 3.51 . It was cool and i was satisfied till i used it in my machine (Win 98 )
. I tried to use it at my frnds place whos using XP pro with SP2 and all I got was an error msg saying " Provider not installed " . I searched the Microsoft Site thoroly and cudnt find a single MDAC which is XP compatible and includes the provider I am looking for. Can anyone tell me what to do. Plz HELP.

vinaypatel

Journeyman
install oracle 8i or higher version it wil (i think) help u
or

may problem with your xp sp2 because after xpsp2 no of s/w not working properly e.g norton so if possible un install sp2

sailendra

Journeyman
jimcarey said:
Hi ,
I am a student and am learning database application design with vb. I made an application using ADODC and the provider MS JET OLEDB 3.51 . It was cool and i was satisfied till i used it in my machine (Win 98 )
. I tried to use it at my frnds place whos using XP pro with SP2 and all I got was an error msg saying " Provider not installed " . I searched the Microsoft Site thoroly and cudnt find a single MDAC which is XP compatible and includes the provider I am looking for. Can anyone tell me what to do. Plz HELP.

First thing, have you generated a setup program for your application using VB's package and deployment wizard? If you have simply copied your application's .exe file to your friends Winxp system, that may not work. You need to use the package and deployment wizard, which will take care to add any files needed to run your application and create a setup program. You can then install that in your friends pc and test it.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. You used Jet 3.51 .. What database you were using ..? Access 95 ..?
Btw .. XP SP2 already have MDAC 2.5 installed by default .. I guess at your friend's place you didnt copied the file as you had copied in your system (ie exact location) as you'd hardcoded the Database's file location ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom