1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Data transfer really reduced?

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by pravinbv, Nov 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pravinbv

pravinbv How are you?

:arrow:1) I use GPRS for internet but data tranfer cost me more. i have used adblock plus to block adds. but i want to know that is it really reduce the data transfer? i have heard that it only prevent the images and flash from showing in browser but those actually get loaded in temp folder. pls give some info.

:arrow:2) is it possible to use USB net connector of one GSM/CDMA operator for other operators sim card.

:arrow:3) i use firefox and have installed some extensions. i format my hard disk many times and installing those extensions and some costomisation is long task, so is it possible to save those extensions in other folders/ where actually downloaded exetion files go.

:arrow:4)some help needed though its not related to Technology.
    I want some statistical data. the details are like this. Prices of Onion, Bitter Gourd, Red Chilli, Tur, and Gram for last five years, in Pune, Hydrabad, Solapur and Vashi market may be monthly average or daily. i searched many websites bun yet not got anything. could u suggest me a good and free source on net or any book. Thanks a lot.

2. Anorion

Anorion Sith Lord Staff Member Admin

^Lol at the last question. I donno, this is a little strange, but try... just try asking Mid-Day... they keep track of vegeatable prices. I donno, this is a very interesting question. I will try something... lol.
    Ok. I didn't understand question 2), can you clarify that a bit?
    For question 3) Yes, you can download the firefox extensions. Do right-click and save as, the files are saved as .xpi files. If you use Opera or any other browser, the extension get's saved to any location on the hard disk that you specify.
    As for question number 1) apart from ad-block, there is a firefox extension that blocks flash. Don't install flash at all if it helps. The web developer toolbar for Firefox is another great option. You can use it to disable images, javascript and css. This reduces firefox to essentially a text-only browser, so you might as well go right ahead and use yawle, which is a text-only browser to begin with - no chance of anything getting loaded or blocked.

3. OP
    OP
    pravinbv

pravinbv How are you?

Thanks for ur valuable reply.

i will try for Mid-Day. but i think its mumbai based paper and not having the information about the markets i want.

i mean the pen drive like hardware "wireless Modem" given by GSM operator for wireless internet e.g. Idea give NetSetter for Rs. 2000. that device have a sim inside, can i use that modem for other operator like airtel or any other.

OK, but does it reduce total data transfer. it only block the images and flash form displaying in browser, but those actually get loaded on pc. if it doesnt reduce total data transfer its of no use for me. my target is to reduce the total data transfer.

4. rohit330

rohit330 New Member

You can try inserting airtel sim. But you may get some message like "ONLY SPECIFIED SIM CARD CAN BE USED" or so, if it is locked. In that case you can use data card unlocker HERE

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  5. Anorion

Anorion Sith Lord Staff Member Admin

The web developer toolbar will do it.

6. Krow

Krow Crowman

Use these extensions too in case you wanna continue with FF

Flashblock - for flash blocking
    FEBE - For taking a complete backup of FF bookmarks/addons/search plugins/preferences etc
    Imglikeopera - For blocking all images in all webpages like Opera

7. OP
    OP
    pravinbv

pravinbv How are you?

ok.
    but pls anyone answer a simple question. doing all these things really reduce total data transfer or ONLY block the images from displaying BUT actually get loaded on pc.
    answer a simple question.
    WHAT about my AGRICULTRE question.
    no any answer?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.