Data Storage Jinx....

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolendra

Neil is Here...
Hi guys.....

one of my friend is moving on to the US... and he has about 1 TB of data which he doesnt want nemore.....

he has 2X400 GB + 2X120 GB HDD of data...

now he has decided to take 1 of the 400 GB HDD wth him nd leave the rest of the HDD wth me for the time being....

the problem is that i want to copy the contents of the 400GB HDD whc he is talking.... but am unable to figure out wat shud i do.....

"Shud i buy a 400 GB HDD nd copy the data for me of buy a DVD writer nd write the data in blank DVDs.....

wat i think is that once data is written in a dvd one feels very lazy to insert it everytime he wats to access it....

so plz tell me wat shud i do .... buy a HDD or a DVD writer....

or is ther ne alternate way....

plz suggest....

Sykora

I see right through you.
You want to copy all 400GB right? The cost factor decides whether you're going to reuse what you buy. Personally, I'd buy a DVD writer, because I'm not all that comfortable plugging and unpluggin hard drives. If you have a vacant hard drive slot though, go for the hard drive. Eventually though, if you want to back up that data, you'll have to write to a removable medium, because hard drives can crash, after all.

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
i agree wit syk at the last sentence.....wht u buy depends on data u wana bekup...if its soft's go for hd if its MM go for dvd write...the point here is soft's change and u nt gona spen money and time writing each soft again and agian...will u?

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
Dude If you get some time better wait for Blue Ray Disks you can write way much data on it than a normal DVD or else writing it on DVD's seems better option yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom