Data on DVD vanished!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chetan1991

Youngling
Guys, Once I scanned a Digit DVD with McAfee antivirus.After that, I saw only one folder in it, and on reopening,there was nothing on the DVD!!!!!!
I've also reinstalled my OS after that but still the DVD appears blank.Please help me.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Probably defective media if it does not work in other dvd drives. I've had similar problems with Moserbaer DVDs, especially those written at 16x even when that speed is supported by the media. I wrote the data, verified it, put it away safely, tried to open it after a month, I get either crc errors or blank DVD.

ArZuNeOs

In the zone
I do certain things

1) Always write at 4x speed...It takes 15 minutes for a DVD to be written on 1 gb RAM

2) For verification use another drive for checking it & use different sware like CD check....& not Verification mode on nero

& never use cheap DVD's ....Moserbaer ... & Japanese duos ...i trust them

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Chetan1991 said:
Guys, Once I scanned a Digit DVD with McAfee antivirus.After that, I saw only one folder in it, and on reopening,there was nothing on the DVD!!!!!!
I've also reinstalled my OS after that but still the DVD appears blank.Please help me.

Did the DVD run well before Mcafee scan?

OP
Chetan1991

Chetan1991

Youngling
Kiran_tech_mania said:
Did the DVD run well before Mcafee scan?
Yeah,It worked fine before.
And to others who are advising me to write at lower speed,I'm talking about a Digit DVD,which is pre-written,provided with Digit magazine.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Chetan1991 said:
Yeah,It worked fine before.
And to others who are advising me to write at lower speed,I'm talking about a Digit DVD,which is pre-written,provided with Digit magazine.

That's strange. I think it has nothing to do with McAfee scan. Some how the DVD is not in a workable condition-may be it has damaged.

McAfee can't remove/alter the DVD content because the DVD's provided by Digit is read only. So please check if other Digit DVD's are autoplaying well on your PC.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Its a DVD problem similar to what I described above, except that it was provided by Digit. The Discs work for a while and then one day poof ! You'll just have to throw it out I'm afraid

@neogopu - I have seen that writing at 4x does help to avoid this problem, so far no DVDs I have written at 4x have given trouble.

one ques. I found After some time(1 yr) DVD drives don't work properly they make sound while running DVD and don't detect disk.IS it because of dust on lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom