Data card - Signal issues - Laptop works but not PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

din

Tribal Boy
This may sound strange, anyway

I am using Reliance data card (PCMCIA) in laptop and in PC without any problem. In PC I use a pci-to-pcmcia adapter.

I got data card from BSNL yesterday and I was testing it. It worked in laptop correctly but in PC it shows no network. I checked for coverage, placed laptop at exact place where PC is, shows network.

I guess it is something to do with signals. Reliance signal may be strong (Reliance tower 500 m from my home whereas BSNL tower about 4 kms form home) and BSNL signal (CDMA) may be weak.

May be PC (as many part - iron) is reflecting / blocking the signals ?

Any suggestions / ideas how to overcome this ?

Thanks in advance.

Any info ? ....

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Just for test is it possible to move the PC to a open location, I mean if u have a computer table with wheels like, i mean Trolly type one just drag it out towards an window which faces torward the BSNL tower !!!

if possible do it and see what happens...

:?

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Thanks, but already tried that.

First lappy and PC were in different rooms and I thought thats the problem, so I took lappy near PC (PC was not showing network coverage) but in lappy I could see network coverage. Then moved PC to the room where lappy was, but theres no difference.

I think either something with the signals coming to PC or it may be with the adapter, I have another adpater, will check with that and will post again.

OP
din

din

Tribal Boy
Something was wrong with one of the data cards. Got it replaced. Now both cards work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom