DAT files playing fast in Windows Media Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

daumaster

Broken In
Video files, mainly dat and mpeg files are skipping and playing fast in Windows Media player, Real Player, PowerDVD etc on my PC. Audio files play okay. I have uninstalled and installed my AGP card drivers, but the problem persists. My rig consist of ATHLON XP 2400+, ASUS A7N8X-DELUXE mobo, DIGITAL 512MB DDR RAM,SAMSUNG 40 GB 7200 rpm HDD,Liteon DVD ROM, RIVA TNT2 M64 AGP card (Will be upgrading to a GECUBE RADEON 9600 PRO 256MB card). OSes are WIN98SE (C drive), WIN XP PRO (D drive).

Could someone pl help ? Should I reinstall Windows.

prankzter

Journeyman
try upgrading 2 media player 9. If dat dosen't work, try installing the latest latest codecs 4 ur media player.
if problem still persists, try updating ur graphics card driver 2 the latest one available.
if even dis dosen't work, i dont know what the heck is wrong wit ur PC!

OP
D

daumaster

Broken In
The Video files are not playing normally in any player, not just Windows Media player. They are not playing in REAL player, Quicktime, PowerDVD etc.
Must be something with the installation because the Nvidia Drivers were not in the list of ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in Start/Settings/Control Panel after the first installation of the AGP card drivers. I had to reinstall the drivers for the Nvidia drivers to enter the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS list.

theraven

Technomancer
try installin all the proper codecs as mentioned
or if u mean what i think u mean ... then u havent formatted ur hdd in long time ... and disk defragmenter doesnt make a difference for u
so just back up and reinstall ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom