Dapper Flight 5 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveenchandran

In the zone
Dapper Flight 5

Everything is stabilizing, and Ubuntu 6.04 will certainly be a top-notch professional OS. Now that all of the lower level improvements have been made, it is time to close the hood and rub on a coat of wax. This week brings us Dapper Flight 5, the fifth alpha release of Ubuntu 6.04 - The Dapper Drake. With Flight 5 comes a new and improved Human Look-and-Feel, a few new GUI power tools, and much more. In addition to Ubuntu-specific improvements, GNOME 2.14 final is now in Ubuntu 6.04 as well. On to the screenshots!

Note: This is still an alpha release. Do not install it on production machines. The final stable version will be released in April of 2006.

*www.ubuntu.com/testing/flight5

Download Flight 5

Get it while it's hot. ISOs and torrents are available at:

*cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/dapper/flight-5/ (Ubuntu)
*cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/releases/dapper/flight-5/ (Kubuntu)
*cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/releases/dapper/flight-5/ (Edubuntu)
:D

Satissh S

Youngling
How is GNOME 2.14?? How abt the XGL implementation in Dapper? Sum1 give some personal expe!!
I'am pretty happy with my gentoo GNOME 2.12 build and XGL.. What abt automatix.. does it set the stage on fire??
:lol:

praka123

left this forum longback
I checked the links and browsed into this directory in ubuntu's website which carries "daily builds".does it means these iso images are more update and i should d/l them..
link:
*cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily/20060314.1/
am thinki'n of dw/ling this:
PC (Intel x86) install CD iso from here tonight
:? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom