damn confused??

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilzdad

Broken In
hi frnds,
Few days back i installed ubuntu 5.10, then i thought to upgrade it to 6.10. so i downloaded the new version using torrent frm linuxtracker.org but in dat whenever i chose manually edit partition table, a window "gparted" will appear n strucks there...... i tried with different torrent but still the pro exists at the same point...... so i'm back to 5.10........ wat shld i do now?? shld i continue using old ver?? i'm finding difficult to use it since most of the new resources explain with reference to 6.10....... damn confused!!!:confused:

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
wierd problem, same happened to me while installing kubuntu 6.06 though ubuntu worked fine, download the alternate install cd ;)

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
u cant upgrade from 5.10 to 6.10. Ubuntu says , the next version can only upgrade the immediate previous version.

mediator

Technomancer
@devil : Yes, the "gparted" window stays there for some time. It happened with me when I installed ubuntu. Be patient. I guess that window is meant to test our patience. :D

It hung around there for some 2 minutes for me and then everything worked fine! I dunno why it happens, but try to relax when that gparted window comes again.

Pathik

Google Bot
yup.. The same happened wit me 2.. Not only wit gparted but also wit many oder installn windows.. Jus wait 4 it to load.. Dont get frantic..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom