Damm Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
hey guys....plz help me yar.....there is virus entered in my comp....plz tell me how 2 remove it....i had connected my frnd'z mp3 player 2 my comp a wk ago...n after that i realized virus entered into my comp...i hv installed xpsp3 n installed bitdefender total security 2008 trial...i reinstalled xpsp3 three times wid bitdefender...but it couldn't get removed....what should i do??

and i hv 2 upload my desktop screen shot regardin 2 virus info.....how do i can upload it....??

Last edited:

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
fresh reinstall OS & install antivirus like kaspersky or nod32. do not access other drives as well. after installation of antivirus, update it & scan all the partition.

another method....go to www.s-cop.com & download free stand-alone virus removal tool...& scan all the drives one by one....voila.

legolas

Padawan
what is the problem you face? explain clearly. do you get any errors. what is the name of the virus, if it is indeed a virus.

OP
bhushan2k

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
when i right click on ny drive instead of showin open explore, it shows sumthing in different characters....or u can say in other language....n when i double click on drive an "open with" window gets prompted.....open with for drive?? lolz....datz d prob....what 2 do...??

joey_182

Jack Sparrow
uninstall bit defender..use KIS or AVIRA...then just do scan in safe mode...delelte virus..come back to normal mode and delete autorun.inf files from every drive by showing hidden files(system files)..in ur case no need to install fresh OS again..

hey guys....plz help me yar.....there is virus entered in my comp....plz tell me how 2 remove it.

Firstly you need to provide info about the virus - Bitdefender should be able to tell you the name of the virus - if it cant detect it - then you need to try another antivirus.

Before you remove the antivirus try the following :

1. Download ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com and clean up the system.
  2. Download Adware free edtion from www.lavasoft.de scan your computer for possible adwares and if your OS files are not infected with adwares - try and delete or quarantine the file - if its important to you.
  3. Try downloading Highjack ( its a Trend micro product ) this - you can find it at www.download.com Its a trend micro product - you need to be careful in using it ( so i may not recomend it ) may be you can try it after trying out all other ways i here in specify.
  4. Try Trend Micro house call - its effective and simple - i am not sure if just might conflict with your bitdefender - most likely it may not. If it does then uninstall bitdefender and try house call.
  5. If the above steps does no good - then you can uninstall bitdefender - before that you need to download to trial antivirus program i will want you to downlad and keep it ready - one is NOD Eset and Trend micro internet suite
  6. Since you computer is already infected - you can first try trial NOD eset since you can force install it - if Nod does not disinfect the files - then uninstall it.
  7. Now try Trend micro as a last option. You may also want to try Avira or Kaspersky.
  8. Remember to update the antivirus before you try to scan !!
  9. come bakc n tell us how my suggestions worked !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom