CYBER CAFE STORY

Status
Not open for further replies.

::cyborg::

In the zone
hey guys i want to ask u one thing once i was working in a cyber cafe and i downloaded my drivers and kept them in a new folder and due to some reasons i logged off & again logged on i dont know what happened but when i logged on my folder was not there cyber cafe owner says that it is because u logged off thats why ur folder is not there

he is using really advance security policy and even the run command is disabled on his computers . is this bcoz of some security or he is lying

he has win2000 installed

mediator

Technomancer
U he might be using some software that enables the system to remain in a same state after relogin...this is helpful for them coz...the customer is able to do his/her work and take it away in some pen drive and the admin doesnt also have to wory about the virus or trojans..infection that is!

choudang

Padawan
are you visited to Sify iway?

cuz i had that exp.... i have downloaded near about 145 MB, when i log off... and try to get the files .. all the files are gone some where.

when you looged in as a sify member, what they do, all the files or data loaded in to virtual memory, and when you signed out... it goes refreshed. but if you saved a text file under a folder [created by you], it got saved into HDD......

so if you want to go there again... plz transfer your files to the shared folder provided by them before you signed out.

mohit sharma

Journeyman
satyam iways , good speed but i dislike these things , in the name of security they had disabled everything !!!!

just go there , look at pages you want to see , burn cd when you are working only ( i mean if ur system had writer ) and say bye bye to harddisks forever !!!!! lol !!!

suhasingale

Journeyman
DEEPFREEZE is the software which plays such kind of mischief with you guyz.

Most of the cyber cafe's people install this software in all there PC's. This is a great software. On rebooting the PC or logging off the PC it removes all the new data stored on the PC and brings it back to the state when the deepfreeze was enabled. It works like system restore. Here the great thing in this software is that even if you install some software and then reboot the machine, deepfreeze removes the software completely along with the Registry entries and every othe this. This also keeps their machine safe from virus or trojan as it deletes all the files added after rebooting.

rajesh

Journeyman
Yeah. It is typical of iWays. One way around it is to rename the files to .doc :)

Doc files are not normally deleted. Used to do this while browsing from iWays. :wink:

OP

In the zone
oh my god u really got the problem's root yes i was in satyam i way and yes i saved a text file in that folder and it was there but all of my data was gone

but these sify ppl are mad why so much security i hate that cyber cafe but the spped are touching the skies so whenever i have to download some drivers i go that i way cyber cafe

thanks big brothers i hope that was the final answer of u all

THANKS AGIN!!!

Huzefa

Journeyman
Ofcourse they have to use all this security , Sify Iways are gr8 , good speeds and gr8 security, since we all use bank accounts , email-accounts on the net in a cybercafe their security has to be good. All this they do in the interests of the customers security, but yeah when we download something and store on their HDD its also refreshed, what u could do is save it on their main networked drive, U will have to ask permission b4 doing this and then copy it. When I have to use a cybercafe (generally I avoid going to 1) I take my portable 80 GB USB HDD and copy downloaded stuff onto it .

Huzefa

Journeyman
Ofcourse they have to use all this security , Sify Iways are gr8 , good speeds and gr8 security, since we all use bank accounts , email-accounts on the net in a cybercafe their security has to be good. All this they do in the interests of the customers security, but yeah when we download something and store on their HDD its also refreshed, what u could do is save it on their main networked drive, U will have to ask permission b4 doing this and then copy it. When I have to use a cybercafe (generally I avoid going to 1) I take my portable 80 GB USB HDD and copy downloaded stuff onto it .

mohit sharma

Journeyman
double posting hafeja !!

well what i really hate about iways is that you can't even use right click while working on them , and moreevr you had only one browser choice , that's internet explorer !!!!! :roll:

choudang

Padawan
Yes..... i don't like iway also.. but used to go anyway cuz no extra money to download. make a 100 rechg and have a 5 hrs of download using IDMan.

another prob they have. if you get a huge data.. the machice becomes slow.... just i hate tis.

You can make a right click on the pages... but not every where........

yahfate

Broken In
You might have saved ur softwares in a drive in which deepfreeze is installed. Most of the cyber cafe install it in drive C: so be careful while downloading huge files..ur work may go waste.

Peace!

Kniwor

Learner
i dunno about windows.... but in my college i just wrote a tiny script in linux that did this job.... for our hostel computer lab...
and then we put the script in all the comps.. what i did was took all the stuff and made a zip archive using that date and time and put it some place else.. and told everyone not to keep htings in folders other than those designated...

at that time i was fond of writing bash scripts so just wrote this one ... and it's tiny..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom