Customize Your Settings troubles, IE 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
Whenever IE 7 is started it is always directed to
*runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx
Customize Your Settings
Welcome. Thank you for choosing Internet Explorer 7. To complete the installation and setup, please select the appropriate options and click the Save ....

But the screen shows blank. On pressing home ... it is normal.
How to get rid of it? It is not the home page.

Running XP PRO Legal & updated version.

OP
rajat22

rajat22

In the zone
Yep once u finish the Settings setup, it'll not come again.

But how to finish in a blank page?

I have tried as stated below from
*www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=75475&pid=672218&st=20&
Being semi-computer literate I tried this after my runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx simply remained that certain shade of blue... It took a second or two of "connecting" and although it appeared to load nothing appeared on the screen. If you have this problem, try clicking anywhere on the blue screen and then click CTRL+A (ie or edit / select all) and then open Word or similar word processor. Paste into it and you'll see the page come up... no idea why this is so, but now you can see what should have loaded, albeit not layed out the same way. The first link is for editing the settings. If you cannot double click it to go to a browser window, right click instead and select edit hyper link or edit url link depending on your software. The link (java..etc) appears and cut & paste this into the browser window. In my case this brought the correct page up. I selected my options and saved them. After the closing & opening of IE7 I was back to my good ol' goggle.co.uk home page

But it did not help.

Last edited:

anandk

Distinguished Member
Fix: Internet Explorer 7 is stuck at the first run welcome page
*msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2006/08/14/107649.aspx

OP
rajat22

rajat22

In the zone
Have applied patch from *enhanceie.com/dl/NoRunOnce.reg and got rid off the annoyance.

One should try this page to solve many problems.
*enhanceie.com/ie/troubleshoot.asp

Thanks to you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom