Custom Distro

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3060

A LOTR fan
Re: Linux Ghandigiri - Invitations for Everyone!

why cant we make a Linux disto :). i wish i could make one with all its bells. just that i dont know Linux much :-(. i wish you guys can take it up and build one :).

praka123

left this forum longback

^make sure it is LSB(Linux Standard Base) Compliant.as to @exx's query in some other post Linux distros are majority,follows LSB.and with Linux Foundation,I hope the sync will be higher :)

coolpcguy

Resistance is Futile.

why cant we make a Linux disto :). i wish i could make one with all its bells. just that i dont know Linux much :-(. i wish you guys can take it up and build one :).

WE *could* try Ubuntu Customization Kit(UCK)

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan

yeah :). that seems to be a nice start . . the only hinderance here is my lack of Linux knowledge . . :-(. but other Linux guys are experts , so that will get solved out . and regarding distribution digit can take care , i guess :)

just an idea .
with mac4lin , all media codec , drivers , so 3d straight away . what do you guys feel , is it possible ?

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback

^someone suing u for bundling codecs et al without written permission :p mathiyayo?

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan

mathiyaayi :-D. vayaru niranju. . embakkavum vittoo ;-)

Pat

Beyond Smart

Haha..thats a good idea :) And yea,if you guys are thinking about producing a custom/tailored linux distro,count me in for that too :)

P.S: please correct the spelling on the title of the thread!

Last edited:
OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan

see , you got another one willing too :). now what do you say praka :-D.

i wish , you guys can take this thing seriously . and who knows , it may turn out better :).

Last edited:

yes, we can call it the LinuxG. G for Ghandigiri. G for Gnome. G for Great. G for GNU. and most importantly G for Gautham:D. I can help with the distro building process. I am good at checklisting, theming, package consolidation, etc.

W can add support for English, Indian Languages, Some Europian Languages, and Sanskrit(for novelity).

Infra's Mac4Lin can be made the default theme. Human and Clearlooks as extras. My Win4Lin can be made the alternate theme. The other BlackBuntu theme and Ubuntu Studio theme can also be included.

We can have another version that looks just like Windows XP and is based on Xfce/Xubuntu(real easy to make THAT one look like its biggest competition)

I think I will start with using the Live CD creator and UCK.

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan

good :). . now thats the spirit i was looking for . . :) . get some team build up and get going guys . it will surely be a huge thing in life , just imagine the joy that you will be getting when someone is using your disto . . .

praka123

left this forum longback

if so, make ur distro's "official" support time as a week :p reason:u ppl will forget this project later.no one is gonna care after a day or two!
I'll suggest those new distro wannabe's try Linux From Scratch or remaster known distros customizing as with ur mind.

Though,I'll be delighted to see a custom distro rolled out with a "new" package management system :p ie,no apt,yum,dpkg,rpm,tbz et al.:D

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan

simple , ease of use . ready made cook ;-). it will be a perfect indian recipe

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

@Gautham
G for gagan too ;). I am also willing to take part in this. It sounds interesting and good.

Just make a customised Ubuntu with all the nessary goodies, games, eye-candy, etc and maybe ask Digit to distribute it for us. If they agree, and the project comes out well, we will all be on cloud nine for sure.

Edit: I may post less now, as I am already in the process of Live CD creation.:D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

just an idea .
with mac4lin , all media codec , drivers , so 3d straight away . what do you guys feel , is it possible ?
Not sure about 3rd Party codecs, but work on MacBuntu is already on! :) One of my fren's at ubuntuforums.org with the username buu700 is working on this :)

Btw, Linux and Gandhigiri... yes! That will work on this forum, I'm sure. I haf my full support :)

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan

why are you such closed minded mate :-(. why worry about the output , let it roll out first , if its a flop or a hit is not in our hands .just look at mac4lin , did he actually know that its gonna be this famous ?

OP
x3060

x3060

A LOTR fan

you guys rock man , just put yourself together , i am sure it will grow into something :).

Not sure about 3rd Party codecs, but work on MacBuntu is already on! :) One of my fren's at ubuntuforums.org with the username buu700 is working on this :)

Btw, Linux and Gandhigiri... yes! That will work on this forum, I'm sure. I haf my full support :)
I already gave you credit for this

you guys rock man , just put yourself together , i am sure it will grow into something :).
thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom