Curved iMac concept bends beyond the realm of plausibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/02/curved-imac-iview.jpg

You don't have to venture very far to dig up unofficial concepts for Apple products of all sorts, but this one from designer Nuno Teixeira is certainly more attention grabbing than most, even if it isn't any more realistic. Dubbed the "iMac iView," the main distinguishing feature here is obviously the curved screen, which isn't actually all that far out there, but still a ways from becoming anywhere near commonplace. As if that wasn't enough, the concept also boasts a second screen on the rear (pictured after the break), and webcams on both the front and back, which would finally let you have impersonal conversations with the person sitting right across from you. Hit up the read link below for a couple more pics.

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/02/curved-imac-iview-2.jpg

Source

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
(1) This is not "by" Apple. It has been designed as a concept by some designer, completely unrelated to Apple.

(2) This is impractical and does not make any sense. Why would the screen be curved? Why is there one on either side? Why's it so freaking huge? How would one navigate on it? Where are the ports?

faraaz

Evil Genius
For once I agree with Arya...ppl laud innovation for innovation's sake sometimes.

Everyone who said this is a good thing bla bla bla...bah. Think before you commit verbal diarrhea.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
I dont know how feasible its to build or use one of those,
but it definitely gets my vote for the "cutest display ever" :p

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
While the display looks cool.. I don't seem to think of any use for it unless its about a 40 feet tall display on the city square!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom