Cure from Vamparic Conversion in Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellrider

Broken In
A weird thing happened to me wen I was playing Oblivion. Currently mine is level 8 character. During the quest in which u hav to slay 5 vampires to get a deadric artifact, some how I got infected with Vamparic disease. I didn't realized it then. I continued playing on. As I continued playing I realized I am getting new powers, so I got happy I still continued playing. And then wen i was walking in the broad daylight my character died suddenly. This is coz I hav turned into a vampire.

Now I cant enjoy beautiful visuals in broad day light, Only hav to play during night time.(virtually I cant enjoy the graphix very much). So guyz is there any way I can turn back into human, is there a cure!! if there is, in which city. Pls help guyz, I want to play in day time to enjoy visuals.

Anyway if there is no cure, I continue play as it is, anyway my character is more powerful than human now.

If there is any cure, I revert back to my previous saves ( during the process of vamparic conversion ). Only then the cure works.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Ok there is a cure so listen tight( note there are some bugs)
Speak to Raminus Polus in the Arcane University in the Imperial City and ask about the Vampire Cure. He will tell you about the Count of Skingrad also being a vampire and that you might want to speak to him.
Speaking to the Count continues the quest. The Count will tell you about a witch who is the last of her kind. Legend has it they were able to cure Vampirism. He will also tell you where to find this witch.
Once you have spoken to the witch, she will ask for 5 empty Grand Soul Gems before she will help you. The soul gems may be purchased from certain members in the mages guilds. Felen in Anvil; Ardaline in Bravil; Selena in Bruma; Eilonwy in Cheydenhal; Angalmo in Chorrol; and Alves in Leyawiin. You can of course also try to steal them from various display cases located around in the various guilds.
On returning to the witch, she will require the following items from you: Two Bloodgrass shoots, six cloves of Garlic, five Nightshade leaves, the blood of an Argonian and the ashes of a powerful vampire.
Two Bloodgrass: This is the tall red grass you see everywhere in Oblivion, so is easy to find. "The Main Ingredient" in the Imperial City and Sinderion (The West Weald Inn, in Skingrad) sells them too.
Six cloves of Garlic: Many homes have these lying around on the dinner table or stacked somewhere else. Try some homes in Skingrad.
Five Nightshade leaves: You can find some southwest of Skingrad. You can also find some at "The Main Ingredient" in the Imperial City.
Blood of an Argonian: You can get this from any Argonian (lizard people). Just stab one of them once with the special dagger you get from the witch and hope he doesn't report you. If you don't want a bounty: There is an Argonian at a Deadric Shrine on the south bank of the Silverfish River. (Where the letter R in "Silverfish River" is on your map). He is frozen and can't fight back thus you can stab without consequence.
Ashes of a powerful vampire: This 'powerful' vampire's name is Hindaril. Ask the witch about it and she will mark his location on your map. His home is a nesting ground for vampires but they die easily (especially with fire spells). If you still have trouble you could wait until you're in the fourth and final stage of being vampire and slaughter them like lambs.
Bug 1
Apparently there is a bug which may occur if you hand in the items in the wrong order which prevents you from completing the quest.
Your options then would be to reload a previous game or to type "set MS40.cureready to 1" into the console after you have given the ingredients to the witch. This will cause a new topic to appear and allows you to complete the quest properly.
Just hand in the items in the order I named them and this shouldn't happen.
Bug 2
If you give the witch the last ingredient and the order to brew to potion at 11 p.m., she will never return from the basement so you can’t get the potion from her.
To solve this problem either load an previous savegame and talk to her at a different time or type the following commands into the console (not at 11 p.m. or the bug will occur again!) and wait 24 hours:
"set MS40.currentday to GameDay"
"set MS40.currenthour to GameHour"
"set MS40.cureready to 3"

After you get them all and give them to the witch, she will give you two potions, one for you and one for the count's wife. Giving this to the count will earn you some gold.
Bug 3 (glitch)
After the quest reward is recieved, it is possible to keep pressing the reward topic to recieve the reward over and over again. It is possible to return to the count later and do this anytime, even after the quest is completed. There does not seem to be any limit to the amount of gold you can amass.
Level
Reward

1-4

5-9

10-14

15-19

20-24

25-29

30+

Bug 4: I discoverd that sometimes when you talk to her the option of handing in the bloddgrass doesnt appear I handed in everthing else and bloodgrass isnt their, and yes i did have them in my inventory. So watch out for that.

Note : taken from gspot\

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Hey hellrider can I know ur system config plz and is the oblivion running smoothly? What things r enabled and disabled? And also tell me how is the game?

Last edited:

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
Hey no worries I use oldbvion to run oblvion on 1.3 shaders on my dumb radeon 9200 and it looks pretty good still and is quite smooth

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
AMD 3200+
Asus A8N-e
1 GB Transcend Ram
XFX Geforce 6600gt 256mb PCI-e

Will i run smoothly on medium settings?

OP
hellrider

hellrider

Broken In
Hi Darthvader,

Thanx for ur time by replying, I'll drop Main quest for sometime now & ill go for the cure.

chirag said:
AMD 3200+
Asus A8N-e
1 GB Transcend Ram
XFX Geforce 6600gt 256mb PCI-e

Will i run smoothly on medium settings?
Well u can, U can also try in high settings with AA & shadow filtering turned off But u hav to sacrifice the res.
I am playing in 800x600 with high settings(above mentioned) in this config, & i am getting decent frame rate
XFX geforce 6600gt 256MB AGP, Intel d845 gerg2 mobo, P4 2.4HT proc, 1GB RAM.

Last edited:
OP
hellrider

hellrider

Broken In
Hey Darthvader sorry pal, its actually the two names Darthvader & Deathvirus confuses me!!
There u go, I changed it to Darthvader !!

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Hello guys. Thinking of getting the game tomorrow. So guys tell me what tweaking I will have to do to make it run smoothly on high settings. What will I have to switch off and what not. Also tell can i play with high settings at 800*600?

OP
hellrider

hellrider

Broken In
Install latest 91.28 beta drivers from Nvidia, then select Elder scrolls Oblivion in performance settings of the CP of latest drivers.
Then Play in high settings!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom