Ctrl+Alt+Del not working win XP/SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeevchavan

Broken In
Hi
I have a strange problem in my laptop(windows xp/sp2).I am unable to get windows task manger on
pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del Also I am unable to use dos window.Even if I give command like "dir" at
command prompt it is not executed.even sfc.exe is not executed .Pls help
Rajeev Chavan

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Did you do your virus,spyware,crapware scans?
Does it works in 'safe mode'?

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Hope this helps.

This happens if the account you are using is blocked by your Group Local Domain Policy.

Follow these steps:

1. Go to Start -> Run -> Write Gpedit.msc/b]

2. Go to User Configuration -> Administrative Templates-> "System" -> "Ctrl+Alt+Del Options"

3. Verity that Remove Task Manager option set to "Disable" or "Not Configured".

4. Close GPEDIT and Go to "Start" -> "Run" -> Write "gpupdate /force" and press on "Enter" button.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
rajeevchavan said:
Hi
I have a strange problem in my laptop(windows xp/sp2).I am unable to get windows task manger on
pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del Also I am unable to use dos window.Even if I give command like "dir" at
Rajeev Chavan

First thing to check out is that you are have logged in as administrator to access Task manager.
Secondly,
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click User Accounts.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. In the 'Secure logon' section, make sure 'Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete' check box.

If this doesn't solve your problem, then your system is infected with Virus. There are many virus involving security issue. Scan complete system with a good antivirus software.

Take a registry back-up.
Then run this registry entry. Ctrl+alt+del

This should solve your problem.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I am unable to use dos window.Even if I give command like "dir" at
Rajeev Chavan

well make sure u r log in with ADMIN account... would have asked u to run SFC to check the system files... but as u report that, the SFC command is also not exicuting... well i would suggest boot in to SAFE MODE then try to RUN command SFC /SCANNOW

arun77574

Broken In
this is some strange problem any way try this combination to open the windows task manager...
Ctrl+Shift+Esc(All Left Hand Keys).
this should help you and about the DOS window, i dont know if i got you right. if you are trying to open the COMMAND PROMPT window then try this...
Start-> Run-> Type " CMD " (without quotes and in caps).

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
This happened to mee too.
i had to run a "Standard Recovery" in my HP Pavilion Desktop, its a process in which Windows XP Re-Installs without any FARMATTING or Any FILE DELETION , "Program Files" folder is retained.

This applies if you have OEM Windows XP Installed, Like if your Laptop is of HP brand. & you have a separate "RECOVERY PARTITION" in your HDD.

Try running the "Standard Recovery" option from start menu.

e.g. if your Lappy is HP pavilion, then goto=> "Start->All Programs->PC Help & Tools-> HP PC System Recovery->select Standard Recovery."

OP
R

rajeevchavan

Broken In
Hi All
Thanks for your valuable contributions.I will try out what you have suggested.I believe it is a problem related to virus.
Thanks to all of you
Rajeev Chavam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom