CS 1.6 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi all.I am starting this thread regarding the skills needed to be a good CS player.

Post all your experiences,your suggestions here starting from preferable guns n buying strategies to preferable positions in different maps,bombing techniques,important boostings,way of increasing skills with various guns
etc etc.But plz exclude nything abt map bugs.

personally, i hv been playing CS1.6 for abt 3 yrs now.hope I ll be able to help u out in most of the cases if you need ny and if i cant,i m sure someone other can definitely do that.

Last edited:

hullap

Cyborg Agent
I like to use sniper rifles.Where should i hide when I want to use .Most of the times I get caught

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
PaulScholes18 said:
I like to use sniper rifles.Where should i hide when I want to use .Most of the times I get caught

for using awps,u need high skills.as u know,u hv only got 1 shot to hit,
so u must be very precise.

abt hiding place,tht ll differ from map to map.

bt 1 thing,why ll you like to hide if 1 shot of u can take the enemy down??

just avoid places where the enemies usually rush(exp.-de_dust2 stairs/ramp).

if u fall in such situations,use ur flashes well.

u have to think about ur positioning so tht u can pick ur enemy before he/she can.

i m giving some normal positions according to maps.try them out.

[note:positions are clan specific.playing in frag servers online may not match with these].

de_dust2 :- bombsite B (go on the platform inside n take position behind the boxes)
mid double doors (make someone boost u just in front of the green box n u can hv a clear shot to the players running through stairs/ramp)

bombsite A (u can go to side doors bt in clan matches thts not a good choice as flashes will make u blind n u can hardly take a shot.if u wanna go,take an assaulter as ur backup who ll help u to fall back if u miss ur shot or there are a number of enemies).

bombsite a (u can take position on the green box at bombsite a to take down enemies entering the bombsite through ramp/stairs.)

in all cases u hv to avoid flashes at all costs.

de_inferno:- bombsite a (take a flash and just going outside of bombsite a,
throw the flash in the wall in front of u.there s a lamp post.u hv to throw the flash in such a way tht it bounces from the wall in front of the boxes outside
.u wont get flashed bt the terrorists rushing towards the bombsite will definitely be flashed.now take positin behind the boxes n nail them down).

bombsite b (just moving out from ct spawn towards b,u can take position under the arch.bt ur reflex must be good enough to shoot down the t's running along the ramp n enterring the bombsite).

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
When me playing I shoot at the enemies and they movie away quickly. But when they shoot hell I can't even move properly and I die. Is that coz of ping? Coz in gta also it happened when I used to shoot the bullet didn't even touch enemies. Their ping is 10-20 and mine is 350+.. Is that the prob?

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Chirag said:
When me playing I shoot at the enemies and they movie away quickly. But when they shoot hell I can't even move properly and I die. Is that coz of ping? Coz in gta also it happened when I used to shoot the bullet didn't even touch enemies. Their ping is 10-20 and mine is 350+.. Is that the prob?

u yourself have the answer,pal.
if ping goes higher than 20,u ll definitely hv lags.
actually,when clan matches are organized,the ping are tried to make as low as possible.
actually,the problem is,ur frame rates are lower than the guyz u r playing with.so when u see a guy n try to shoot,actually he is no there at all.
hence,u cant kill him.
hv a good net connection with original cs steam version nd ur problem will be solved.:)

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Chirag said:
Actually the game is running smooth. No lag at all. Jst the ping is too high.

chk out ur fps [frames per second] n let me know.
whts the max fps??

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
Chirag said:
^^
Ummm any tips??

well from console,make fps_max 101
fps may vary according to ur resolution settings.
if u hv ny gfx card,then go to gfx settings n make vertical sync on.
u ll get fps 99.
i dont remember the exact options rite now.
tell you tomorrow.

mukul

Journeyman
i m not understandin ...how this new thread is helpin ne one ....

post in the sticky .... you will recieve much better replies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom